Fayetteville Area Cache Adoption

NotNutts

Folks, I need someone to adopt my caches in the Fayetteville NC area. I just found out I'm moving to Biloxi around thanksgiving time. E-mail me (NotNutts) if interested.

On a related note, I'm considering taking one of my caches at a pre-arranged time and setting them up at my new home. I'll do the same thing every time I move (I'm military ;) , so this will be fairly often). My next assignment after Biloxi will likely be overseas, so that cache may travel quite a bit. What do you think?

Edited by NotNutts

Hi, unfortunately I live in Raleigh and would be unable to adopt. A lot of the cachers in the area don't frequent the forums. My suggestion is to send a note on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TriangleGeocachers/. That would get some action on your adoption. If you don't have any luck please let us know and we will put out some pleas. You have neat caches and they shouldn't go by the wayside. Also let me know before you would do anything with Size DOES Matter. We couldn't find it the first time and will be making another effort soon. Thanks very much and good luck. the horsegeeks

I just adopted three caches. The owner of the caches sends an email to the approver at the bottom of the cache page and he/she should take it from there. As I remember, after he heard from the approver the owner asked me to send an email to the approver saying I will adopt the cache and he'll take it from there.

On a related note, I'm considering taking one of my caches at a pre-arranged time and setting them up at my new home. I'll do the same thing every time I move (I'm military  , so this will be fairly often). My next assignment after Biloxi will likely be overseas, so that cache may travel quite a bit. What do you think?

"Traveling caches" are not being approved any longer. There are a few still out there, and they are kinda like a TB with stuff inside to swap if you want. What you are proposing is a little different. Contact our local approver huggyd_1 and ask his advice. It might just be that you archive the existing cache, and move the physical stash with you to MS and post it as a new cache, maybe with its history on the cache page. Be sure to look up drat19 when you get to Biloxi.