Ottawa/hull - Help

Team Giblert

This time of year Gatineau Park is very popular for people to go look at the changing leaves.

I was there a few weeks ago and planned on picking up that cache however it is very popular spot and I decided not to go because there were so many parents around with their little kids. This might work against you.. combine it with the fact that the last attempt was a DNF.

Maybe contacting the owner "maddman" and see if he plans on checking it some time soon.

Good Luck!

Scott

I'll be sure to check on the status next time I head to the park, but am not sure when that may be.

Edited by McKenzie Clan

Actually, at this time of year, it is, but its also just plain full. This cache was only a couple of meters from a busy trail, and busy in Gatineau Park means hundreds of people a day on weekends. The hiding spot was great, but it was in an open area where is likely someone took a few steps off the path to rest or eat, looked down and saw the cache. It is also possible that the cache was found by a park employee picking up trash (a park employee was cutting grass 20 meters from that spot when I arrived).

I know the intention was to make the cache family friendly, but being a bit further away from the path would increase the survival chances of a replacement cache. I agree that this is a very nice area and the cache should be replaced, just not exactly in the same spot.