Locationless Reverse Caches

keithj999

I've got about 150 finds and thought I would try some locationless caches. The first one I tried was the Blue Star Memorial. I was almost to the bottom of the page when the one I found came up as logged. Is there a way to run the logs by coordinates instead of dates?

I've got ideas for a couple but couldn't figure how to post, can anyone help.

Keithj999

First of all new LC caches are currently not being accepted, this is said to be a temporory thing but it has been a year and a half i think. Just a matter of figuring out how to reimpliment them best i think.

second you might have better luck posting your idea for a site enhancement over in the...Website forum

edit i should have been clearer, sorting by coordinates would be an enhancement.

Edited by ralann

The most common way I hear of people doing this is to open up the page, doing a CTRL-F and searching for a portion of the coordinates.

That is, if I saw a tree that resembled Elvis at N32° 45.184 W088° 60.234 and I wanted to log the trees that resemble Elvis locationless, I would go to the cache page and do a search for "32." Now, any log that has that number in the coordinates will show up in my search. Sure, there will be false hits, but it makes the list a lot shorter.

Jamie

You don't need to cut and paste logs into Word.

Pull up the cache page and hit the button that says, "There are other logs, view them all on one page" (may not be the exact wording but you get the idea).

From there use your web browser to search for the location. I typically just search for 'Colorado' and 'CO'. It makes it a lot easier! I am sure you could search by coords too.