:( Changing User Name To Team Name...

Fritters

My boyfriend and I would like to become a team instead of single geocachers (we've been together for 12 years or so, so it's not a spur of the moment thing :rolleyes:) but I've got double digits of cache finds and don't want to lose them, plus he's forgotten to log several that we've both done on his. It would make the most sense for us to simply change my account to a team name instead of creating a new identity, since we've both hit like 90% of the caches in my user name anyways, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Do I absolutely have to lose all my finds to get us a team name? :rolleyes:

What we would do , if we were you, Fritters, is create a new team account. Then, Log the finds that you found TOGETHER, using the original dates, to the new account. In the logs, explain that what you are doing. Most cache owners won't mind, as long as you explain it. A lot of people uses this approach, in reverse. They were team members, but want to start a separate account and keep their previous finds intact.