Swarmed By The Fuzz On A Cache!

Spiritnip

What an adventure. I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to do some night caching at about 1 a.m. So I'm off to Micro Park I . I parked across the street because I couldn't see anywhere else to park. Ran across the street with my GPS, pen and mini mag in hand. It took me a little bit to find the cache but managed to snag it. I guess it was the right one, according to the log it hadn't been signed since april. But it was dark and maybe there were more signatures on the back somewhere.

Anyway, here is where it got fun. On the way back across the street I see a police car pulling into the parking lot where I was parked. The officer gets out and starts looking in my windows before he notices me walking towards him. I had to explain the whole thing to him. Then a second officer pulls up and I had to explain it to him too. I had my binder with the cache pages that I had printed, so I was pretty legit. Cop cars have a sweet little GPS unit built in! Anyway, when I was done I think they both wanted to check out the site, they seemed impressed...and very understanding of me walking around the park after 1 a.m. I even asked them if it would be a problem if I hit a few more parks. They said even though the parks close at 11:00 a.m. it should be a problem if I was only there a few minutes! SO all together it was a great trip, I found the cache, possibly introduced 2 more people to caching and had an adrenaline rush that sent my flying to the next cache.

While all of the was going on I was wishing that I had a geccaching card with my name on it (the kind people leave in caches) so I would have more credibility. So where do people get those geo cards? I've searched a little but I can't find a template or anything.

Spiritnip

While all of the was going on I was wishing that I had a geccaching card with my name on it (the kind people leave in caches) so I would have more credibility. So where do people get those geo cards? I've searched a little but I can't find a template or anything.

Spiritnip

I make all my own business cards. Both for work and personel. There's lots of software, including some stuff from Avery. Many different styles and grades of business card stock is available

Are we allowed to use the Geocaching logo on these cards? Or is there some sort of copyright issues?

From the Logo Usage guidelines:

We are also willing to make allowances for those of you who have creative ideas and want to do something fun for your friends and fellow Geocachers. The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers. Additionally, the Groundspeak Geocaching logos may not be modified in any way. If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted. These items may not, under any circumstance, be sold. For larger numbers of items, please request permission by sending an email to logo@Groundspeak.com.