New Ngs Contact

DaveD

Many of you posting to this site have been source of great quality control to the National Geodetic Survey's mission to establish and maintain the integrity of the National Spatial Reference System. Reports of marks being published with the wrong county or elevations or positions that seem way of the mark continue to enhance the quality of the data we are able to provide to the public. Many of you have been sending these corrections to me and I have been attempting to review them in a timely manner. Due to several major survey programs I'm working on I am unable to dedicate the time necessary to perform these reviews efficiently. After considerable discussion we have decided to designate an employee, Ms. Cheryl Malone (cherly.malone@noaa.gov) as the Geocaching point of contact for items that any of you believes NGS should consider changing. Deb Brown is still in charge of the recovery program and is also a resource as required. Please refer all future requests to Cheryl.

After considerable discussion we have decided to designate an employee, Ms. Cheryl Malone (cherly.malone@noaa.gov) as the Geocaching point of contact for items that any of you believes NGS should consider changing.

Welcome to our group, Cheryl! You'll love us in no time. <_< Especially me, I seem to be able to find the really odd ones. And I'll have nothing for months and then decide to look at a state or two and come up with a bunch in one shot! But, we're patient and just like to see the NGS database as correct as possible.

Roger

GC Benchmark hunters - Helping to correct the NGS database one datasheet at a time.

Thanks Daved,

I(We) appreciate your good words to our forum members.

We will try to do our best to send in MORE data for the Infrastructure.

Can not say we will find lots of error but will be dilligent in our recoveries.

Like you I now have a handful as well.Keeping up with this as a (hobby).

Hi Cheryl,welcome to our madness(as in fun).

TG why not just pin it as well,and leave deb's too.

One deb for reporting recoveries and destroyed.

Cheryl is for errors in data.

As I understand it.

Thanks all.

Cheryl.Malone@noaa.gov

Is this the correct e-mail?

I sent one at the beginnig of last week.

Am I being too impatient?

CHERYL,

I have found something...LOL.

I have found a discrepency in data sheets.

It appears the 2 have got interchanged some how.

The coordinates and data are reversed.

See discussion: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=97621

In the last post I have Included the observation,if you need more clarifacation please let me know.

Thank you,

CB

cheryl.malone@noaa.gov is the correct address. She is pretty busy and does not read this forum, though she has registered, but that it the correct email address should you have something for her.

Should you know a name but need contact info for someone at NGS, this will help as well:

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/INFO/newphone.html

Consider the thread edited.

Hope that helps,

Rob

Edited by evenfall