Canadian Geo Coin W/number ?

Recon53

While you're at it, you should check out their Coin Jar Cache.  Be sure to email the site owner to get more details on the Coin Jar Cache before attempting to find it.  <_<

Take it outside. Its not a Geocaching.com problem. Dont try to make it one.

I fail to see a "problem" there at all...just a relatively new geocacher, or at least a new forum user, asking for advice about logging a Canadian Geocoin. Why the heavy handed sounding "take it outside" comment CO ?

While you're at it, you should check out their Coin Jar Cache.  Be sure to email the site owner to get more details on the Coin Jar Cache before attempting to find it.  :blink:

I wasn't paying much attention to this until I noticed the animosity. I went to the link. It has a GC.com logo with instructions to visit the site. I assume there must be some kind of connection between them and us. What's the problem? <_<

Yes sir, Mr. CO Admin, sir.  :rolleyes:

I think you've been in the US too long recently. :huh: Their sensibilities must have irritated you somehow. :D

At the risk of being off-topic, you couldn't be more wrong. Based on Mr. CO Admin's response, I would suggest that further clarification would not be appropriate to this thread nor, for that matter, this website. :rolleyes:

Strictly speaking, I would think that, IF YOU MUST GO TO ANOTHER SITE TO LOG IT, then it is not directly related to gc, and it is thus a Commercial Enterprise. Assuming that gc does not benefit financially (and I may be wrong there), all of the benefit goes to the coin makers who use gc to create demand. If gc were to create a way to log it, and get some small kickback from sales, that would be different.

While you're at it, you should check out their Coin Jar Cache.  Be sure to email the site owner to get more details on the Coin Jar Cache before attempting to find it.  :rolleyes:

I fail to see a "problem" there at all...just a relatively new geocacher, or at least a new forum user, asking for advice about logging a Canadian Geocoin. Why the heavy handed sounding "take it outside" comment CO ?

Because of the history behind the person who made the comment. "Outside" is a reference to another forum, and there are no rules within that forum. It is not pretty nor family friendly. The participants are primarily (though not exclusively) a small circle of people in one area that are disgruntled with this web site.

The comment was strictly made to derail the topic (which it seems to have done successfully) and is a form of trolling, which is explained better here.

If you have any comments about Canadian Geocoins and how to log them then please feel free to share them. Further derailing of this topic will result in a visit to your warn meter. Please keep your personal grudges in emails, or "outside".

Side note... Robespierre and Bull Moose, GC.com has stated that they will not track additional coins made by individuals or groups other than the couple that are currently established on the web site already.

While you're at it, you should check out their Coin Jar Cache.  Be sure to email the site owner to get more details on the Coin Jar Cache before attempting to find it.  :rolleyes:

I wasn't paying much attention to this until I noticed the animosity. I went to the link. It has a GC.com logo with instructions to visit the site. I assume there must be some kind of connection between them and us. What's the problem? :rolleyes:

Lots of people have links to geocaching.com on their web sites. There is a link to GC.com on every page on that web site. Those coins are tracked directly on that web site and emails regarding the locations of owned coins are sent from that web site. You can sign up to watch coins, but lots of those become collectors items. I bought a few myself some time ago and I don't think any of them made it past three caches before they were kept by another cacher (which was fine with me).

While you're at it, you should check out their Coin Jar Cache.  Be sure to email the site owner to get more details on the Coin Jar Cache before attempting to find it.  :D

It looks like CO Admin was talking about Gorak's coin jar cache comment, not about the Canadian geocoins. Since this topic is about how to log Canadian geocoins, discussing someone's cache is off-topic. Since I can't find a listing on gc.com for a "coin jar cache", it also seems like this cache is not even listed here and not even a geocaching.com issue, and off-topic anywhere else on the site as well.