New Tb Design

Jeremy

Hi, I think that it is very nice, but as graphic designer... :) , I have to say the followings:

1. The first point must be: "What is this" (I am a traval bug).

2. The phrase "Do not keep me" must be at the end of the first phrase and bold.

3. The lines in the text must be separated in complete phrases.

You can see my opinion (what exactly I mean):

new_tb_antonis_gr.gif

Thanks, Antonis_GR

Edited by Antonis_GR

The new design looks fine! Sometimes we can get too hung up on minor details!

I was wondering if anyone has suggested designing a "special" TB (maybe a different material) which has a new icon. It could be a limited issue that celebrates an event.

Ray (The Ax)

This is all nuts - the original message was posted in September 2004 !!!

Just create a new TB, start shipping it,

and if you want to change or tweek it - then do it every year or whatever.

It is better to do SOMETHING - than to just keep discussing it.

This is not FEMA - ForEverMessagingArea

:D

FWIW, a copy is always a good idea, as it allows the owner of the bug to have a constant reminder of what (s)he has floating about in the real world. The original design was nice, the new one is nicer, it's just not as 'familliar' as the old one yet, and as such people will always be resistant to change. Launch the new one, and as Spyder8 said...tweek it later if the need arises.

-E

McDegga

The words 'Do Not Keep Me' should definitely be bolded. Ignore the please and thank you aspects.

Instead of Groundspeak.com address, there should be a url (like geocaching.com/track) that has the main rules prominently list.

Groundspeak is great, but navigating a web forum can be confusing and time consuming for a lot of people. A single URL that has the rules/info and means for logging would be best.

Besides the general 'this is a geocache' page that is laminated and attached to my cache, I have a rule sheet regarding TBs to people can be informed as to how they are used before even grabbing them from my cache.

The words 'Do Not Keep Me' should definitely be bolded. Ignore the please and thank you aspects.

Instead of Groundspeak.com address, there should be a url (like geocaching.com/track) that has the main rules prominently list.

Groundspeak is great, but navigating a web forum can be confusing and time consuming for a lot of people. A single URL that has the rules/info and means for logging would be best.

Besides the general 'this is a geocache' page that is laminated and attached to my cache, I have a rule sheet regarding TBs to people can be informed as to how they are used before even grabbing them from my cache.

I Think you Definitely Need to Keep the Copy Tag. Also it would be really neat if there was a little

Red, Green Or Blue color somewhere on the Tag. Like Stamping the Do Not Keep in Red writing

or something like that. I see nothing wrong with a Gold Special Edition Tag. Just make sure I can

Get One.

I agree with the others on making the "Do Not Keep Me" larger.

I also agree to keep the wording as minimal as possible. Some people have really short attention spans and won't read past the first few lines of instructions.

Being the newbie that I am, I will admit I made this mistake. It didn't occur to me that the number on the tag was a secret and I posted it in the log. Someone mailed me explaining that and I quickly editted it out. Adding something like 'Secret ID#' above the number might help.

I noticed the Groundspeak shop is showing the new design for the TB's. Are they actually selling them now, or are people still getting the "Old" style TB's? and If they're selling the new ones when the heck did this happen? Thanks!

-PMaholm

We're redoing the travel bug design to add the new Groundspeak logo. We're also changing the manufacturing method to allow us to print alphanumeric codes, making it more difficult to figure out. The tags will be more rectangular but we'll still be using the same aluminum material and printing method.

How is the text? It needs to be straight and to the point.

new_tb.gif

The front of the tag will have the barcoded travel bug logo as it is now.

LOOKS GREAT TO ME!! Maybe it will help keep them moving! I had an MIA for over a year that finally showed up a week or so ago thanks to Sloigo!

I also noticed the store page is showing the new design. I am a distributor and the last batch I ordered a few weeks back were the old design. I just ordered some more so I'm interested to see what I get.

I am purely speculating but even if they have the new design they may want to sell their old ones out first. Once again that is not founded on any information, just a guess.

Not a complaint at all. The thing I miss about the old tags were the fact they were numbered. I understand why they had to go away from the numbering. To me it's still kind of cool to find a Travelbug in the 300,000 or 400,000 range because soon as you find it you realize it's been out there for a while.

I want to say that I DO like the new tags! Yesterday I had posted that I was very disappointed with the new tags since the TB code was just printed onto the aluminum tag.

Well, it turns out that I was completely wrong about the TB code being only printed -- it turns out that it is actually engraved into the tag, with the black printing being in the engraving. When I looked at the tag the night I found it in a cache by the light of my headlamp, I hadn't realized that this was the case. I am quite confident that even if the black printing wears off, the TB code should still be legible due to the way it is engraved in the tag!

Kudos to Groundspeak on the new tag!

Thanks to nielsenc for pointing out that the TB codes are clearly engraved if one takes the time to do an inspection under good lighting!

-----

(Original text of my post from yesterday has been deleted, since it is downright wrong!)

Edited by solid-rock-seekers

I had received 2 orders of 8 of the new tags, and my last 2 orders of 8 were of the old tags. Either way, I love 'em.

Sitting at the computer waiting for the mailman to come, will I get 2 more packages of 8 today, which will they be? The anticipation is too much.........

I just order my first batch of TBs and I received the new design. I had only run across one TB a few weeks ago and I must say that the new TBs are much more "professional" looking. One note though. The hole for the key chain is drilled awfully close to the edge (at least on the ones that I have) and could probably wear through pretty quickly leading to possible loss of the bug. :P

Edited by CipherKnight

:anibad: Looks GREAT! We are very new at this, but have printed the logo and will share it with our Caching Team!

We're redoing the travel bug design to add the new Groundspeak logo. We're also changing the manufacturing method to allow us to print alphanumeric codes, making it more difficult to figure out. The tags will be more rectangular but we'll still be using the same aluminum material and printing method.

How is the text? It needs to be straight and to the point.

new_tb.gif

The front of the tag will have the barcoded travel bug logo as it is now.