New Tb Design

Jeremy

As a side note, we're considering only selling 1 tag instead of a tag and a copy tag.

NOOOO! I really like having my copy tag! I use mine as a keychain so that I always have the TB number handy. And its a great conversation piece when acquaintances ask about geocaching. I do understand cost and stuff, but I'd like to see this feature continued!

Bright side: I really like the new design! Keep up the great work, Jeremy!

Modified design. Thoughts?

new_tb2.gif

Playing with the new tag machine, eh? Cool!

You need a period at the end of each of those sentences:

"I am a Travel Bug."

"Help me travel from cache to cache."

"... how to help me on my next adventure."

The TB pages have the word goal in bold and caps. Would consistency be good between the tags and the pages? Not in bold and caps, but just in the word that is used, I mean.

I've never understood why the URL is Groundspeak and not gc.com/track.

Edited by MissJenn

"I am a Travel Bug."

I was just about to say the same thing. You need punctuation, and it must be pretty cheap to add a full stop to the end of each sentence :D

"I am a Travel Bug."

Actually, in a situation like this, it would be improper to use full stops. This is coming from over 15 years in the sign industry and a few in the engraving industry. It's my job to know.

Ever so often, I have to go round and round with some know-it-all--the last one was a full-on Political and Judicial Sciences professor from a local college--who insists on their plaque being "grammitically correct" when, in fact, by using the rules for regular writing you make it wrong on a award.

Of course, I could be wrong. But then again, so would all of the trade publications from which I gathered my information, as well.

The idea for www.travelbugs.com is a good one.

If you could somehow make it so someone could type in www.travelbugs.com/xxxxxx which could be either the TBxxxx number or the secret code, that's go a long way to streamlining things.

Curious though, is this project before or after the PQ request of getting just caches with any change or any log?

Thanks.

"I am a Travel Bug."

Actually, in a situation like this, it would be improper to use full stops. This is coming from over 15 years in the sign industry and a few in the engraving industry. It's my job to know.

Maybe, but these aren't signs. Without punctuation, what about the way the second half of a sentence looks like a separate line. The only thing splitting it up is the capitalisation. It looks better with punctuation in my opinion, but what would I know.... I'm English :laughing:

Punctuation are pauses. Here, line breaks serve as the pauses. So do the grouping of the lines. Whoever did the layout on these tags understands these concepts.

BTW, no need to point out the mistakes in the layouts on the TB instructions tags I sell. No one has complained and I've been too lazy to fix it.

Punctuation are pauses.  Here, line breaks serve as the pauses.  So do the grouping of the lines.  Whoever did the layout on these tags understands these concepts.

BTW, no need to point out the mistakes in the layouts on the TB instructions tags I sell.  No one has complained and I've been too lazy to fix it.

No one will have complained becuse they look pretty good......

2tb02.jpg. They have punctuation.

Line breaks as pauses? Then the new travel bug tag wording has too many pauses and doesn't flow properly at all. The current tags have punctuation, and so should the new ones.

I made mine micro cache compatible.......

0b5792db-a1b4-4a36-8747-b00437b51d33.jpg

9270b14a-d429-41e1-9f7f-47cc15f01f12.jpg

Would be good to be able to purchase micro-cache compatible versions regularly in the future.

I engraved text on front and back detailing to only move from micro to micro.

Thanks for letting us give input.

- cartwrig :rolleyes:

somewhere[/url], it would be nice if the Tag had both the TBXXXX and the 6 digit, or now 6 character access code on it.  This might just prevent the unknowing from posting the access code in the logs.

I considered this, but it may actually cause more confusion since some folks won't know which code to put in there.

As a side note, we're considering only selling 1 tag instead of a tag and a copy tag. Since we will be able to print on demand we can always print a new tag number if the first one goes missing. This will also reduce the cost since we only need to manufacture one of them.

Of course, you can still have a second tag if you wish, but it will be by request (and cost more). I know folks use the copy tags as keychains and such.

I have no use for a copy tag. If you can save on manufacturing, I hope you pass it along to us consumers.

Would be good to be able to purchase micro-cache compatible versions regularly in the future.

I agree. I'm creating two miniature racing TB's and trying to figure out how to make tags that are small enough for micros and are durable.

Of course then you'd have two sizes to deal with; Regular and Micro. With twice the inventory and manufacturing and ordering issues, etc.

But I still want it... ;):lol:

Okay, I'll just make my own. ;)

I have looked at the original design and found it too "cluttered" with text. I do like the newer version with the BOLD text and rewording. I'm still partial to having a large picture like the Geocache logo, a minimum of text on one side and a full explaination of the travel bug purpose on the other side. Perhaps we can use the other tag, former COPY tag, to be used as a "Instruction to Cacher" tag.

Any chance the logo can be done in color?? thanks.

LJK.

A new design is fine but the important thing is to keep the bugs looking as plain and uninteresting as possible. This will help keep people from wanting to KEEP them!

No having 6 different colors:

"We'll have to steal. . . er... collect all 6!"

No gold plating or different shapes:

"I'll just keep the 1st one that I find and move the others along!"

This is the problem with the geocoins. Everyone wants to keep them, so no one is buying them to place in caches as TB's! They know that the geocoin is going to be a goner real soon. Of course, since less geocoins are purchased, they are harder to find in caches and this makes people want to keep them even more. It's kind of a vicious circle.

People aren't as interested in keeping the TB's because they don't LOOK as cool as the geocoins and because the regular TB is far more common

Keep the TB's plain looking.

Oh, yeah, and don't make a special "micro cache" TB. That will only encourage more microcaches. :anibad:

How about adding a time limit, like "Do not keep me longer than 2 weeks". Some could argue that holding a travel bug for 6 months is not "keeping" it, because they do plan on moving it...some day.

Rather than printing a certain time limit, I'd phrase it more like Please pass me on quickly or something.

Just an opinion, and we've all got them. TB tags are confusing enough, it seems. I think colored ones would be more confusing, implying different meanings/values. The hitchhiker should be the "variety" not colored tags. I do like the idea of micro tags.

Now a question. Will the old style remain active indefinately or will they be phased out? Should I order tags or wait?

Edited by wv-yen