Omg Its The Dream Machine!

Preesi

Hey Kenneth?

Whats the Suggested Price?

cNet has a pretty good review here.

Brief summary:

Good:

In addition to playing games, it's also a fully functional MP3 and video player compatible with MPEG-4 files and Windows Media 9.0, and it sports a digital camera. Onboard Bluetooth and triband GSM/GPRS capabilities mean wireless multiplayer gaming should be possible both locally and via the cellular network.

Bad:

Unlike Nokia's gaming cell phone, the Gizmondo's cellular capability is strictly limited to data-based gaming and messaging, so it can't be used for voice calls.

...an estimated street price in the $350 to $400 range.

I couldn't find the website that discussed costs for activating services....was it my dream???  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Kenneth

Nice, nice nice nice but I didn't see any mention of the hard drive size. 400Mhz processor looks promising for video playback. One feature I do like is the GPS tracking. Does it transmit your location via GSM?

I visited the site once and remember that they claim you can play games that involve tracking your position. It may be only communicated ofr the game but htis "game" could be monitored in a way that should make it possible to recieve another units position. With limited range the Garmin RINO's have this capability where cell service may not have a signal. =advantage in some situations for Garmin =advantage for gizmondo in others. Have you given some thought to using one of the "child locator" units?

Pretty cool device to send with your kid. It can notify a parent that the device has left a predefined area by sending an SMS message to their cell.

The problem with devices like this is it's by a company that has little to no background in GPS or gaming so it will probably do both okay but not great like one would want for real use. So in this case it will probably be great for a younger kid but probably not an adult.