Ross Hills Gathering

RPW

Joypa and I went out last weekend and laid out 4 multi-caches of varying length and terrain difficulty. Plus we have one kids' multi-cache. A permanent cache has been placed as well; its coordinates will be published at the event. We've managed to come up with a lot of cool swag. Joypa contributed half and I contributed the other half. While Joypa was showing me what he brought I kept thinking to myself, "gee, I wish I wasn't an organizer because I'd like to get my hands on some of this." and I believe he was thinking the same when I show him my contributed swag. :anitongue: Of course we don't go to geo-picnics simply for the goodies but rather to meet people and have a good time. Which I hope we will do. At the moment the weather looks like typical Indiana fall weather; i.e., anything goes. :laughing:

The schedule is as follows. Noonish to 1 -- lunch (bring your own). 1 to 3:30 Caching! 3:30 to 4: Random drawing for door prizes. Hope to see you there.

Rick,

How cool! I hadn't read the local section of the paper yet, but as soon as I saw your post I looked up the article. For those of you without access to the print article, there's a nice big picture of RPW included with the article. It's a very nice article - good to see some postive press for a change. Maybe someone should start a thread in the main geocaching topics forum with a link to the article. (I'd do it myself, but I am a techno-goof and rarely succeed when I try to post a link. :huh: )

Rochelle of Car54

(Apparently I'm also a spelling goof - edited to correct spelling.)

Edited by Car54