Next Group Hunt...

avroair

Some loops I've done but maybe others haven't...

About 7 or so caches in Turkey Mtn/Pyramid Mtn. Total mileage just over 10 miles.

There's about 8 or 9 newer caches in Ramapo though the terrain is a bit rougher on these. I have 2 left that are new in the last week (Brian & GeoKender)

I still have lots to do in Bear Mtn (about 28 caches or so). And even just in Harriman there's a few new ones that have also sprung up around Lake Tiorati.

In Rockland Lake State Park along the Hudson there's about 10 caches as well as others a little more south in the Tallman & Blauvelt State Parks. Though I've done a bunch, there's still more in Palisades State Park along the Palisades in NJ too.

In "western" NJ there's a lot of Skully & Mulder and Team Rampant Lion (TRL) caches in some large clusters just calling out for a group hunt too.

Edited by Team DEMP

I propose another group caching trip for this Saturday, October 2. Meet @ 9AM at the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area (upper lot) off the Palisades Parkway. Coordinates: N41 17.318, W074 01.404. Depending on what people are up for, we could try for 10-15 caches in the Bear Mountain vicinity. Take a look:

Bear Mountain caches

Past finders of these caches, feel free to chime in with itineraries, advice, etc. Hope to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones on Saturday!

I propose another group caching trip for this Saturday, October 2. Meet @ 9AM at the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area (upper lot) off the Palisades Parkway. Coordinates: N41 17.318, W074 01.404. Depending on what people are up for, we could try for 10-15 caches in the Bear Mountain vicinity. Take a look:

Bear Mountain caches

Past finders of these caches, feel free to chime in with itineraries, advice, etc. Hope to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones on Saturday!

I've completed 16 of the 20 recently on a couple of jaunts. Which ones would depend upon just how energetic the group might be. A fast and easy 8-10 could be had....or go for the gusto with a few of the easier ones on the way to the spectacular ridge walks. If the latter was the choice the group could still get a substantial number, but it will take MUCH more effort (I feel the trek would be worth it to anyone who has not hit that ridge yet). I have suggestions if anyone wants them.

OK, thanks to Quoddy I now have a list of the caches we (I? :D ) will be attempting on Saturday, in approximate order:

1. On to Anthony Wayne (GCG4FP)

2. Help on the Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower (multi) (GCJKZV)

3. Shelters of Harriman: West Mountain (GCHYZQ)

4. Herbert Mine Cache (GC2D07)

5. Trepidation (GCJ045)

6. Lost in the Ozone (GCJYG9)

7. Cat's Elbow (GCJ047)

8. Beechy Bottom Road (GCJKPM)

9. Anthony Wayne Trails #2 (GCKCW2)

10. Bike Trail #2 (GCH4H4)

11. Anthony Wayne Bike Trail...Cloned (GCKHE7)

12. Ye Old Bike Trail (GC9CE8)

According to Quoddy, it may be optimistic to think we can grab them all...but we can try! So who's in? :D

Saturday is forecast for heavy rain, Sunday has clear skies :ph34r:

Wish I could join you, but the wife wanting me to do gardening. ;) I asked her if I could do some planting... she said yes, just as long as it isn't a geocache. :)

I am going up to Bear Mtn the following weekend :huh:

Edited by avroair

This kind of got off topic, however, we could continue the thread with people posting the ideas for group hikes, seems October will be a very busy month non-caching for people.

I am out

2nd/3rd

9th/10th

16th/17th

Which leaves 23/24 - I am also free the 25th :blink:

I would like to venture out to LI sometime soon...

Unfortunately it is looking like the best chance for me to go may be durning the week like a Tues, Wed, or Thurs. Just waiting for the Bogota Schools to sort out their problems so the kids are back on schedule and no more 1230-5pm days; hopefully next week. :blink:

wait wait wait. your kids go to BIXBY??????

Dude! we gotta talk. So is my kid.

Hes not from long island he's from Queens!P.S. thanks for your new avater the ballerina one was creepy.

Excuse me? Queens?

Listen here, SCWT, if I have to drive out there from "Queens", I'm taking you back to dump you in Brooklyn. :)

As for you Mr. Snat, don't you worry why he has to get out to Long Island...or he might have to stop off in Brooklyn on the way.

Edited by Squealy
Hes not from long island he's from Queens!P.S. thanks for your new avater the ballerina one was creepy.

Actually he's from Valley Stream, which is close to Queens but still LI. Let me know when you want to hit LI. I'll do my best to find a hill or two. West Hills CP might be a good place to start. It's not too far in and has the highest point on Long Island. About 30 or 40 feet in think. :)

Ok....Brian how is next thursday sound to you (14th).  I have to drop the kids off at school around 820am I am not sure how long it will take me to get up there though.  shouldn't be any later than 930.  Anyone else wanna join us for Ay Caramba! ?

So far so good.

You guys are gonna have fun! Awesome hike!