Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlieZulu

Aprs

Apparently Tinytrak has a cable that will do this for the Etrex line of Garmins.

I would like to know if anyone has tried to get a GPS receiver built into a TinyTrak device so you could have the radio, converter, and GPSr all on the same board?

That would be really nice.

I use my etrex legend with several mapping packages including uiview for APRS. I've also built a tinytrak into a lunchbox package with a small kenwood HT and a radio shack digitraveler GPS, plus battery and antenna. This tracker package goes out on public service events and on my bicycle.

Jon, N2JAC

I use my etrex legend with several mapping packages including uiview for APRS. I've also built a tinytrak into a lunchbox package with a small kenwood HT and a radio shack digitraveler GPS, plus battery and antenna. This tracker package goes out on public service events and on my bicycle.

Jon, N2JAC

I'd like to see a picture of that if possible...

I'm in the process of building a similer setup into an ammo box.

Post here or email jhayner at gmail dot com

Thanks.

I am trying to get a garmin etrex legend plumbed into a kenwood d7ag with supplyed cable from kenwood and not having much luck. then there are the settings at the radio the im not sure of. the radio does get info sent from others but not sure it's sending out mine.

could anyone help me with this

my email is cavediver_2@yahoo.com

thanks to all who post

Patrick N9DIV

The eTrex series are all the same as far is pin out goes. I haven't connected any GPS units to run APRS yet. I'm only running a home station with a I-Gate. I do however know a few people that are running Garmin units for APRS.

Jon KC9AXZ

www.kc9axz.com

yep, i use a legend with my Kenwood d700a, making the cable was extremely easy just read the manuals, they both have pinouts, i also added a 12volt cig adaptor to power my gps. i suggest you check out pfranc.com, ebay also works...

I just setup my Legend to interface with my newly assembled TinyTrak3. These are connected to my Yaesu FT-8800R in my Geocaching mobile. If anyone is interested I posted some info to my website. <_<

APRS info

TinyTrak3 Info

73 Jon KC9AXZ

www.kc9axz.com

KC9AXZ-4/M <_<