Changing Waypoint Names With Etrax (yellow)

Yes, it is quite possible.

Under the waypoint menu, go to the waypoint you want to change.  Above the “DELETE”, “MAP”, “GOTO” and “PROJECT” buttons, you'll see the symbol and name of the waypoint.  Hit the Up button repeatedly, and after you go past the “DELETE” button, you'll get to the symbol, and after that, to the name; where you can edit them to your heart's content.  Similarly, you can go below the buttons and edit the elevation and coordinates as well.

Edited by Bob Blaylock

Yes and it's pretty easy to do. I will try to explain.

Go to the Waypoints page and select the waypoint you wish to change. This is called 'Review Waypoint'.

You do this by scrolling through the waypoint numerical/alphabetical folders and then then highlighting the specific waypoint. Press the "Enter" button. The waypoint is then displayed to review and make changes.

Then it is simply a matter of using the "Up" button to select the name/number area in the little flag. Once this has been selected, use the "Enter" button to select and change each letter or number respectively. When a digit is selected and entered - a list of numbers/letters will appear for you to scroll through and select the ones you wish. Do this by pressing "Enter" on the letter/number you want. It will then set that digit. Press "Enter" again and it should move to the next digit.

It's basically that simple. I just hope I have written it in a way that makes sense from an unknown point of view. I don't have my unit here to check each step, but if you have any questions just post away.

HTH - PJ

EDIT: It looks like Bob beat me to it, sorry for the double explanation. I'll leave this in the event it is a help.

Edited by Prairie Jeepin