Help Please, Download Waypoints/cordnets

Tkids

Hi,

I am new to geocaching and I just received my gpsmap 60cs and now I would like to go caching. I have joined Groundspeak as a premium member and I am still learning what to do. From the geocaching page I have found a lot of cashes I would like to find. I have tried to download the LOC waypoint file and GPS eXchange file to my laptop in a file, but from there I don’t know how to get it to my gps. Can someone help me.

Thanx

Edited by geohope

If you are a premium member, you should think about creating pocket queries. Much more useful than straight .loc files. I would also suggest that you try GSAK . It will do pretty much anything you want. Assuming that you have either Easy GPS or GSAK (or similar) open up your .gpx file/.loc file, connect your 60CS to your PC via the USB cable, and then select the points to upload.

I've not used the basic "Trip & Waypoint Manager" that Garmin ships on it's own, but I assume that it will open .mps (Garmin format) files. If so, you can get GPS Babel to turn your .loc/.gpx file into .mps file. From there the procedure is the same. Select the waypoints you want, and with your GPSr connected, click on the "Upload to GPS" button.

Hope that helps, good luck

GSAK won't be much help unless you register it, because it doesn't do USB unregistered. GPSBabel will send the waypoints from the .loc files or from the .gpx files to the GPS, and so will EasyGPS. From reading your post, I suggest EasyGPS.

Of course, registering GSAK is the best option. It isn't expensive, and it does far more than EasyGPS, and is well worth the small amount of money it costs. A Dell will work for paperless caching, and for that you need GPXSonar.