Touch The Twilight Cache

Sierra Hikers

Hello Everyone,

We have set a date for this night cache.

If you ever wanted to visit Touch the Twilight cache but didn’t want to tackle it alone, here is your chance. A group of us are meeting in the parking lot at Mission Peak Regional Park in Fremont, California.

Date: October 16th (Saturday)

Time: 7PM

Meeting Place: Parking lot at Mission Peak (see cache page for parking information)

Bring: GPS, headlight or flashlight, hiking boots, compass, an angle mirror if you don’t think you are very good at touching. Heh.

I have no idea what the weather will be like but bring layers in case it’s chilly.

See you there!

GeoWomyn_SF_CA

I saw GeoWomyn_SF_CA at the BADGES picnic this weekend and told her I am probably going to show up too. She said their might be a big crowd and we might have to go in shifts!

It sounds like a few others will also be coming from CVC as well. Shifts? How about allowing the longest distance home to go first. [staying the night in a hotel counts as your travel distance.]

I saw GeoWomyn_SF_CA at the BADGES picnic this weekend and told her I am probably going to show up too. She said their might be a big crowd and we might have to go in shifts!

It sounds like a few others will also be coming from CVC as well. Shifts? How about allowing the longest distance home to go first. [staying the night in a hotel counts as your travel distance.]

I'm gonna try to make it #300. I know one of those milestone caches. Depending on friends/family and time we get done, I may drive back out to the Gold Country or I may stay in the Bay Derrier. I don't know how that rates for which shift I get into but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Peace!

Not that it matters much, but I just sat here and did the route to the cache start because I have absolutly no other plans for the weekend and this looked like a true joy.. 849.4 miles each way..

Think about us AZ cachers who wanted to be there when you complete this as one huge happy group please. Our team will be with you in Proxy..

Not that it matters much, but I just sat here and did the route to the cache start because I have absolutly no other plans for the weekend and this looked like a true joy..  849.4 miles each way.. 

Think about us AZ cachers who wanted to be there when you complete this as one huge happy group please. Our team will be with you in Proxy..

Hey, I'm not doing anything, and I've already done the cache. I could be your proxy cacher. I wonder if that's against the rules. :lol:

--Marky

Hi Everyone,

I checked on Touch the Twilight this afternoon just to make sure nothing had been

muggled. The activity center and cache are fine. In fact, the cache seemed fuller than I remember it! (I think a geo-angel came by!)

I replaced two fire tacks but that is all I had to do. Everything is set to go for tomorrow (Oct 16, 7PM, Mission Peak parking lot).

If you come before sunset tomorrow you will have a much easier time finding the very first point. There are also two caches below this one. If you have not found them yet try Eucalyptustream (GCJ5BV) and Assume Nothing #2 (GCJE54).

I will be on the premises but not necessarily at the cache depending on who shows up. If many people show up I would suggest cachers organize themselves into groups. If a few people show up I will go with the group. If you feel at all nervous I will give you my cell phone if you contact me through my geocaching email. Also, if Walruz or Marky come they know how the cache works as well.

See you at 7 or earlier, be safe, be warm and have fun!

PS: The air quality is fine today; it wasn't so great yesterday.

What about the mountain lion's? Are they full of deer or are they looking for something a little softer and slower - something that know's it's way around but can't move too quickly - somthing kind of intelligent but still out roaming around the hills in the dark? :D Do they hungry and are there a lot of them? :mad:

See you there. I can hardly wait! :D

What about the mountain lion's? Are they full of deer or are they looking for something a little softer and slower - something that know's it's way around but can't move too quickly - somthing kind of intelligent but still out roaming around the hills in the dark? :D  Do they hungry and are there a lot of them? :mad:

Mountain lion attacks are always on single hikers. There are no known attack reports on groups of hikers.

--Marky

Mountain lion attacks are always on single hikers. There are no known attack reports on groups of hikers.

--Marky

Shhhhhh.... Go with me on this one, Marky. :D No survivors = no reports. They're more efficient with groups of hikers. :mad: [Don't forget that I did Wait Until Dark by myself and didn't feed a single cougar.]

Are you and Joani going to join us? It should be a fun night - for those that survive. :D

There once was a rather large herd of 'wild' mountain goats that lived on the West side. The fencing was placed around them to ''keep them safe.'' I wonder if they're still there - being managed by the ranger.

No poison oak? In those hills? Ah... ya! Right. :D

From the final cache, if you try to take a short cut following the cattle trail instead of back tracking to stage 2, you will run head on into a HUGE poison oak tree. It was so big that Fizzy wouldn't even believe me that it was poison oak and not a regular oak tree.

--Marky

Just got back - had a super time! There were two groups of 6 or 7 people each...Elaine and I went up with the first group, then came down with the second.

The flashing LED jewelry that we were wearing scared off the mountain lions, so we didn't lose anyone. :-)

Thanks very much to Geowomyn for a super night! The weather was warm and still - very unusual but super. No smoke; visibility was great. Oddly, it was raining when we got home to South San Jose!

Went afterwards to Assume Nothing #2, which was lots of fun, as all in the series are.

Again, thanks very much!

....Sam

It was so big that Fizzy wouldn't even believe me that it was poison oak and not a regular oak tree.

--Marky

Spoken by the PO Authority. No one finds poison oak like Marky! :D

-----

What a great cache and the perfect night too. $ATM$ now loves night caching. I think we'll go do Wait Until Dark together... after a nice dinner in Alamo. I can hardly wait.

Thanks to GeoWomyn!

I think we'll go do Wait Until Dark together...  after a nice dinner in Alamo. I can hardly wait.

Just remember, The Dog closes pretty early. You might want to take that into account. :anitongue: I'd hate to see your nice dinner plans spoiled because you started too late. Of course, after daylight savings, it will be dark plenty early so it shouldn't be a problem.

--Marky