Teenagers

The Hotdog

Hey I'm 15, got life on wednesday at our court of honor, have Family life left to go and a project which I have the idea for already. My troop frequently (once a year) under influence of TeamTek has gotten into geocaching. We geocache on almost every outing and often set courses where you have to find a cache that has a compass bearing and distance to the next spot that has a scout related question on it. These event get the orienteering and a lot of the outdoor stuff and hikes done for the younger scouts. Anyway, is anyone going to Jambo? That would be cool to meet up there or something!!

can you still do scouting when you are older like me? (20)

well let see I think the only thing you can do now would be a scoutmaster,adult leader or maybe venturing. here is a link to scouts web site you should be able to find any information you need.

Agent N. Posted on Sep 26 2004, 09:21 AM

I was in scouts for a while but then a bunch of evil kids came there and messed it all up 

what did they do :rolleyes: and have you tried other troops :lol: ?

Edited by mudcat290
What I am interested in is are there any teenage girls into geocaching?

Yes they are. I'm 14. I'm not into Boy Scouts obviously, but I was a Girl Scout for a few years. I got sick of it when all we did was art projects and dropped out. Right now my second favorite hobby is amateur radio.

What band do you hang out on? What's your callsign?

I'm not a teenager anymore (I'm 26) but I have taken a 13-year-old boy with me and he loves it. I plan to take another friend, who's 14, sometime soon.

I work with kids through my church youth group and also with a summer camp, and I think this is a really neat opportunity to take kids out and do stuff in the outdoors. I have ideas for bringing geocaching to camp and/or to youth group activities.

:)
I'm 15, 16 in a month. I guess it must be a trend because I'm in scouts too.

I never would have guessed that one! :):(

Guessed what? ;):P :P

That you were a tennager. You have always seemed so 'adult'. I guess it was just the old avatar.

:):( I try to fit in, that's why I act so adultyie(I know that's not a word, but what the hay). I try to act responsible so I odn't get kicked off these forums.

Yes they are. I'm 14. I'm not into Boy Scouts obviously, but I was a Girl Scout for a few years. I got sick of it when all we did was art projects and dropped out. Right now my second favorite hobby is amateur radio.

I just got my tech license in February, and I'm still hanging around 2 meters. I'm in a club at school, and a main thing for year is for everyone to upgrade their license, so I hope to be on HF soon! Our other project is radio control (aircrafts). We have a Youth Net on a local 2 meters repeater every Wednesday night. For now my callsign is KC2MOK.

By way of teenagers geocaching, our club did a geocaching-event (not listed on the site) thing at a local park one time last year. So you can count the 15-20 people there as teen geocachers, although only 3 of us geocache independently.

Yes they are. I'm 14. I'm not into Boy Scouts obviously, but I was a Girl Scout for a few years. I got sick of it when all we did was art projects and dropped out.

That happened to me about 25 years ago! Our "camping" consisted of an overnight at a rec room in our city's downtown area. Meanwhile all the boys in Scouts were learning survivial skills in the foothills nearby. I think we did macrame projects for 3 weeks straight, and after mouthing off to the leader I just got up and walked home. I'm surprised that there isn't a better organization for girls that want to do outdoor stuff (or the Girl Scouts didn't clue in) by now!!

16, and formerly in scouts... then after hitting the rank of life, i realized... scouts is not to be enjoyed... its to be tolerated... (seriously, you dont know the perverted idiots in my troop.)

(heck, the perverted idiots in the entire county for that matter.)

girls and caching... i have dragged with me a female friend to many finds and a couple hides. she's fun to have around, freakishly good at climbing trees, and a good critical thinker.

alas, that means we wouldnt stand a chance married. <_<

I just got my tech license in February, and I'm still hanging around 2 meters. I'm in a club at school, and a main thing for year is for everyone to upgrade their license, so I hope to be on HF soon! Our other project is radio control (aircrafts). We have a Youth Net on a local 2 meters repeater every Wednesday night. For now my callsign is KC2MOK.

By way of teenagers geocaching, our club did a geocaching-event (not listed on the site) thing at a local park one time last year. So you can count the 15-20 people there as teen geocachers, although only 3 of us geocache independently.

Yay for geochaching HAMs! :rolleyes: I'm 18 and have been a ham for 3 or 4 years now. I'm a tech, KD7NYZ. I actually haven't been very active recently, with life getting in the way. I was part of our local Emergency Response Team.

I'm a very addicted cacher. I've recetly moved across the country from WA to PA to go to college. I have a group of people here who have never been caching, but would like to. As soon as we can work our schedules out we're going to go find a few caches.

girls that want to go hiking out in the woods what more could you want besides being cute :D

I thought of a reasonable one, girls that are in your area. ie live close by.

well mmm, lets see here there are only two near my age one is 13 the other one is like 11 and they are sisters and they both got short ends of the stick when it comes to looks B).

and forget about school because I am home schooled :D