Anyone Up For A Long Hike?

Jeremy

I know this is short notice, but PCT - Under Huckleberry Mountain is our target cache to hike to on Saturday (tomorrow of this posting). We're considering a thru-hike and are looking for some folks to join us. We have two cars but, as the saying goes, misery loves company :mad: and this one has a 4,000 ft elevation gain.

Post if you're interested, and we can plan on a meeting point, etc. Otherwise Nate the Great and I will be attempting this one tomorrow.

(edit: removed thru-hike from the title. We're going end to end but it isn't the entire PCT)

Edited by Jeremy
I know this is short notice, but PCT - Under Huckleberry Mountain is our target cache to hike to on Saturday (tomorrow of this posting). We're considering a thru-hike and are looking for some folks to join us. We have two cars but, as the saying goes, misery loves company :mad: and this one has a 4,000 ft elevation gain.

Post if you're interested, and we can plan on a meeting point, etc. Otherwise Nate the Great and I will be attempting this one tomorrow.

(edit: removed thru-hike from the title. We're going end to end but it isn't the entire PCT)

I'd love to join y'all, but as it turns out I have work to do (which is a good thing).

Egads... its late friday.. I am a new guy to this .. and would have been great to try and join up with this.

Do these short notice group hikes come up often?

Is there a way to get notified other than checking the forum?

Dang... but too late for me to get my act together for this. Chomping at the bit to get out and have some fun.

Charles

Mt Vernon WA

Yeah, I didn't give much of a heads-up on this one. We'll be leaving one car at the Gold Creek trailhead and driving back to the beginning of the Pacific Crest trail on the north side of 90. We'll leave at around 8:00am tomorrow morning from Bellevue and I expect it will take us 45 mins or so to get to the first trailhead, so we'll set out around 9:15 or so from the PCT trailhead, depending on the drive between the two locations. If you want me to call you when we take off tomorrow, send me an email or PM with your cell or home number.

I will just try and keep up with postings. Will certainly start having a ready pack. Just sounds like great fun. And the weather is going to be fairly seasonal.. but dry. Hi pressure ridge off the coast should hold up thru the weekend.

of course your mileage may vary!!!

Have fun.. take pics.. and of course be careful out there.

Charles

Mt Vernon