Obtain Missing Cd For Topo!

Last april at the REI Garage Sale (where REI unloads all it's returned items to coop memebers for great prices) I bought the Colorado TOPO! software by national geograpic. Got it for 20 bucks when it sells for 100 on an as is basis. The only problem was that it was missing one of the 7 cds that it came with. That one cd happened to be the Durango area (sw corner of state) and I live in the north east end of the state.

I can live with that being that I got it 80% off, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I could get a hold of that one cd or a copy of it.

I know it's a long shot, but worth a try.

you didn't hear this from me and it is of a borderline legality I think. have you thought to go search for it in the software pirating warld(warez). I mean YOU DO OWN it so you should be safe from a copyright standpoint i THINK(I AM NOT NOT NOT A LAWYER).

if you go this route be sure to anti-virus scan it to be sure nobody has given you an infected copy.

DONT STEAL STUFF, this is just retreivivg a missing disk.

did i menton i am NOT NOT a lawyer and as such all legal stuff in this post has no legal leg to stand upon exept common sence.

That's an interesting suggestion...

To use illegal means to get something you arguably have the right to have.

Granted, the guy got what he paid for--that is, a piece of software with a missing disk. However, in this case, the software company loses nothing by piracy. They have already earned their money from REI. And REI got out of it what they could by selling it at a garage sale.

I mean, when I contacted Thales to replace a faulty disk I purchased, they simply sent me a copy. This is different, but sort of the same.

Maybe I should take a class in ethics in order to discuss this.

Jamie

Kinda like goin' to a drug dealer to buy the Valium for which you have a prescription... :mad:

...or goin' to the street corner to BUY a date with your wife? B)

...or downloading the music your band just recorded. :mad:

Seems like a very gray area of the law :D

I am NOT NOT NOT a lawyer either, but if I were a judge I'd dismiss all four cases! :lol:

im pretty liberal when it comes to piracy. i have a major problem paying for a product that comes without any type of warranty as to its performance, and to top it off software licsensers also say that they accept no responsibility that the product will work as advertized nor if it causes any sort of damage to the end users equipement. having said that this really isnt piracy nor is it legal, as said it is a good grey area.