Tomtom Itinerary Export From Gsak

rutson

Been playing with Tomtom and realised that making itineraries was a pain in the butt, or maybe I'm just lazy...

Anyroadup, I've come up with a little script to export them from GSAK, having borrowed (hope you don't mind?) the idea from roolku.

If you're already using roolku's Memory Map export script, then ignore the first two steps:

1) get msxsl.exe from microsoft and copy in GSAK directory (usually C:\program files\gsak). Now I'll be damned if I can find where to download it on the Microsoft site now, I got it from here. It's in a zip with some other stuff, you just need the file msxsl.exe.

2) if you don't have internet explorer 6 you will need to get MSXML 4.0 (here) and install it.

3) get the xsl script from my website (here) and put in the GSAK directory (usually C:\program files\gsak)

4) get the batch file from my website (here) and put in the GSAK directory (usually C:\program files\gsak). It looks like this:

msxsl temp\babel.gpx itn.xsl -o c:\geocache.itn

Edit the c:\geocache.itn to where you want the output file to go.

5) in GASK open "File/Export/GPSBabel custom export" and put the following line in the box that says "GPSBabel statement ..." (you might want to adapt the output path to your requirement)

itn.bat

Press the 'Generate' button and an Itinerary file should be generated. You now need to trasfer this file to your PPC, on mine the default location is '\CF Card\TomTom Navigator Settings' YMMV.

Now go into tomtom, select the Itinerary screen, click and hold on the main section of the windows, select 'load' and tap on the file 'geocache', the itinerary should be before your eyes.

Hope this helps someone.

I prefer the POIs created by G:UK as they can show both found and unfound caches with different icons. ATM I'm working on automating the whole thing so I can output similar files locally via GSAK. If all goes to plan, it will also output Memory map overlays for both caches and trigppoints and send them off to the PPC.

Let's cut out the middle man for that one, mark your parking points in MM, make sure to give them unique names, Parking1, Parking2 or whatever, export from MM as an MXF file called parking.mxf in your GSAK directory.

Then run this file (parking.bat):

gpsbabel.exe -i mxf -f parking.mxf -o gpx -F parking.gpx

msxsl.exe parking.gpx itn.xsl -o parking.itn

Download it here.

It will generate a file parking.itn transfer to ppc and away you go...

Edited by rutson
I prefer the POIs created by G:UK as they can show both found and unfound caches with different icons.  ATM I'm working on automating the whole thing so I can output similar files locally via GSAK.  If all goes to plan, it will also output Memory map overlays for both caches and trigppoints and send them off to the PPC.

I may be being thick, but once the overlay files are on the PPC, how do you get them into MemoryMap? I can do it by importing them into the PC version of MM, then using the "Export Data to PDA" menu option, but it'd be nicer to get the PPC version of MM to import from a file (that way I could automatically synchronise the PPC to G:UK without having to fire up MM on the PC).

I may be being thick, but once the overlay files are on the PPC, how do you get them into MemoryMap?  I can do it by importing them into the PC version of MM, then using the "Export Data to PDA" menu option, but it'd be nicer to get the PPC version of MM to import from a file (that way I could automatically synchronise the PPC to G:UK without having to fire up MM on the PC).

First export the MMO file from the overlays menu on the PC, and save it to the PDA, usually save it into a created directory called overlays on the PDA.

Then to delete all overlays in MM on the PDA (Gets a little messy if you don`t), close MM down on the PDA, open File Explorer on the PDA and open the MMO file from the overlays directory you saved them to. It should display the waypoints then.

You can have multiple MMO files for different areas, or types of caches.

If you use the export data function you can only have one set of overlay, using the above method you can have different ones.

Hope that helps

Pengy