GPS 315 and Street & Trips software

Guest bwware

Guest bwware

Anyone ever have trouble getting there GPS315 to run with Streets and Trips software? Seems no matter what I try, I cant get the software to find the GPS. My computer DOES find it as I had it update the firmware again just to make sure the connection was right! Thanks in advance,

Bill

Guest Ron Streeter

I use it extensively and it was a bit of a problem in the beginning, but once running its great.

Here are some tips.

Have gps hooked to cable and cable hooked to computer. Then turn on gps and computer so when the computer boots up it can see the gps in the port. This may be your main problem, but it's possibly other things too.

Determine which port you are plugging into. It might be port 1 or another port. Depends on what your mouse is plugged into basically.

Be sure the NEMA setting on the gps is version 2.X. You do this in setup.

I don't think baud rate is important for streets and trips 2001, but it is on my Wildflower/TOPO! program.

Be sure you have some sats showing on the gps screen.

Soon you should see a dialogue box coming up saying it is receiving data.

Then you can go to the tool bar at top of computer screen (tools I think) and go to gps choice. Tell it to track location. If all is working, a little automobile image will come up at your home location.

When all elements are correct it works great. I know error messages aren't always helpful, but the help feature itself in the S&T 2001 is pretty good. Look under gps as a starting point. I think I had to look around a bit to get the info I have just given you.

good luck to you. Without being there, I can't help much more than this. I just kept working on it...at least you have more help now than I did !

Ron

24hidden/34found