Port Townsend Implosion

bumblingbs

That sounds like it could be a good unofficial event cache... Light House Point for Chickens!

It would take some moral support to get me down that ladder... bawk bawk bawk!

And here I was thinking of making it an official event cache complete with brownie fudge sundaes at the top. :mad: Just waiting to hear back from Mrs B on whether she's up to doing it with an audience or not. :lol:

I do remember one person being killed on McClellan Butte. He was crossing over the exposed part on snow and went over.

Yes, the easy way up haystack is pretty easy, except for us mental chickens.

I once sat and watched these 2 guys climbing up the wall of hatstack (the tough way) with ropes and gear. They were at an overhang and having a tough time of it. These other two guys came running up the trail, dropped their small packs, and started climbing up the wall hand over hand with no assist, no ropes or gear. They quickly passed the 2 guys with gear and swung themselves up over the overhang, and on to the top. After a short look around they came back down the same way, put on their packs and ran back down the trail. The roped guys were still at the overhang. I think the running guys were chewing something.

That sounds like it could be a good unofficial event cache... Light House Point for Chickens!

And here I was thinking of making it an official event cache complete with brownie fudge sundaes at the top. :lol: Just waiting to hear back from Mrs B on whether she's up to doing it with an audience or not. :mad:

October 2, if the weather is half decent. The lowest tide is at 1:17, well that's PT tides, but around there. 5.3 tide, which is not especially low--I don't know if that means there might be some wading involved.

You must be seriously chicken to attend. :mad:

KB

BB-

I'm coming a little late into this topic, but some folks down this way know I have a special interest in the well being of you folks up in PT, and clued me in...

For what it's worth, I just want to thank you for all the time and energy you've put into those caches. Your warmth has touched a lot of folks, (all the way down to San Jose!). Visiting with you and Shunra last summer was the highlight of my vacation!

But caching is just a game, and I hope you can find time for yourself. I only met you once and I could see that you are a special person. Take care and know that you have made friends all over the place!!

Steve (workerofwood)

Hey! Nice to hear from you. it was Bugel (Shunra) who was desperate to go congratulate you. He just kidnapped me along the way.

I sure enjoyed meeting you and your family. Haven't paid attention, did the big house sell?

KB

Mrs. Bs and I have talked it over and she said she still plans on holding an event cache in November in honor of my upcoming calf, so there is still a chance to meet her, CW.

I have not written up the event page yet, but YES, there is a baby shower coming up on November 7 (I've got the date right, haven't I Bull Moose?) at Tony Roma's in Silverdale. I just have to actually go down there and do one teeny tiny little chore before I can write the page. Also, I'm holding a TB that's headed to Oregon, so I need to get that going in the correct direction as well. Some day in the next week. But, you can put the event on your calendars.

Edited by bumblingbs
I do remember one person being killed on McClellan Butte. He was crossing over the exposed part on snow and went over.

Yes, the easy way up haystack is pretty easy, except for us mental chickens.

I once sat and watched these 2 guys climbing up the wall of hatstack (the tough way) with ropes and gear. They were at an overhang and having a tough time of it. These other two guys came running up the trail, dropped their small packs, and started climbing up the wall hand over hand with no assist, no ropes or gear. They quickly passed the 2 guys with gear and swung themselves up over the overhang, and on to the top. After a short look around they came back down the same way, put on their packs and ran back down the trail. The roped guys were still at the overhang. I think the running guys were chewing something.

Belleterre, don't put this one on our list just yet. :mad:

And here I was thinking of making it an official event cache complete with brownie fudge sundaes at the top. :lol: Just waiting to hear back from Mrs B on whether she's up to doing it with an audience or not. B)

October 2, if the weather is half decent. The lowest tide is at 1:17, well that's PT tides, but around there. 5.3 tide, which is not especially low--I don't know if that means there might be some wading involved.

You must be seriously chicken to attend. :mad:

KB

Kewl! If good company isn't enough to get me there, chocolate surely will be! :mad:

Darn it! How come the quotes didn't appear in boxes?

Edited by Phil & Cathy
I have not written up the event page yet, but YES, there is a baby shower coming up on November 7 (I've got the date right, haven't I Bull Moose?) .

Yep.

The Boss and I were just talking today about the calfing. :huh:

We have been keeping an eye peeled for the sheet to come up.

Hang in there, Mrs. Bs. I am one of the ones that has been fortunate enough to meet you. I have all the faith in the world that you'll do what's right.

I have not written up the event page yet, but YES, there is a baby shower coming up on November 7 (I've got the date right, haven't I Bull Moose?) .

Yep.

The Boss and I were just talking today about the calfing. :lol:

We have been keeping an eye peeled for the sheet to come up.

Hang in there, Mrs. Bs. I am one of the ones that has been fortunate enough to meet you. I have all the faith in the world that you'll do what's right.

Oh yeah, I remember you! You scared the heck out of me! I don't know why, I've never been quite comfortable in those woods. I stuck to the path. So, here comes a thundering herd crashing after me through the woods-a thundering herd of one, wearing, I think, the shirt in his avatar. I just about fell over in a swoon. That's Bull Moose's cache, too, isn't it?

We found the cache, too. In seconds. And, my heart didn't stop. Hah!

Will see you at the shower. :huh:

KB

Cool! This thread has morphed from an implosion, to an event cache with brownies and ice cream, with a few class 2 and 3 climbs in between.  Glad we haven't been reprimanded for going off topic.  :huh:

That is because the topic of this thread is to cheer you up!!

Seems to be working.

PS~ Team Misguided is my local approver, and super cool~

If I haven't said thanks before, .....Thanks!

KB

BROWNIE FUDGE SUNDAES :D AT THE SCARY LADDER :) event cache has been put in for and is awaiting approval. Sorry about the short notice, but it's scheduled for this Saturday, October 2. For those that want to go out with the group - we will be leaving from the Bowman Bay boat launch parking area at 12:30pm. Sundaes will be served at the top of the ladder. Yum!!!! :D

OK, this is how great geocachers are.....

The Krauss McClurg family came to town to find my "really hard" Grand Prize cache. They found it sooner than expected, and since they had time left over, they drove all the way out to Fort Flagler to check on the missing micro, since I had told them exactly where it ought to be.

I'm surprised, but it was indeed missing, and they left a makeshift replacement.

Then, a little later in the day, Belleterre shows up at my door with Natural Beauty in her hand! Wow.

Then, and she didn't tell me she was going to do this, Belleterre drives all the way out to Fort Flagler to check on the missing micro there, and finds the replacement cache left by the K-McC's.

Mind boggling.

I hardly know how to say thank you. Ummm. Thank you!

Edited by bumblingbs
BROWNIE FUDGE SUNDAES  :D AT THE SCARY LADDER  :D event cache has been put in for and is awaiting approval. Sorry about the short notice, but it's scheduled for this Saturday, October 2. For those that want to go out with the group - we will be leaving from the Bowman Bay boat launch parking area at 12:30pm. Sundaes will be served at the top of the ladder. Yum!!!!  :D

All I can say is that I took the time to go back and read EVERY log from the scary ladder cache, and I'm not going.

(Oh, just kidding).

Watch out fellow chickens, this woman is likely to have a cattle prod packed in with the brownies and ice cream. :)

KB

BROWNIE FUDGE SUNDAES  :D AT THE SCARY LADDER  :D event cache has been put in for and is awaiting approval. Sorry about the short notice, but it's scheduled for this Saturday, October 2. For those that want to go out with the group - we will be leaving from the Bowman Bay boat launch parking area at 12:30pm. Sundaes will be served at the top of the ladder. Yum!!!!  :)

Wish I could come. I gota work. :D Have fun. There are several great caches in the area. Also on the path out, on the narrow section between the water there is a survey marker near an interesting small pyrimid shaped post with a number on it. Take a look for it. Here is part of the ACTIVE data sheet for the station of which I am a part of now. I have the 2004 indiv log, and am JEE in the discription of the recovery:

HISTORY - Date Condition Report By

TR0287 HISTORY - UNK MONUMENTED CGS

TR0287 HISTORY - 1952 GOOD NGS

TR0287 HISTORY - 20040519 GOOD INDIV

TR0287

TR0287 STATION DESCRIPTION

TR0287

TR0287'DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952

TR0287'1.6 MI NW FROM DECEPTION PASS.

TR0287'1.0 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 1D FROM THE SOUTH END OF DECEPTION

TR0287'PASS BRIDGE, THENCE 0.3 MILE WEST ALONG BOWMAN BAY ROAD, THENCE 0.1

TR0287'MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG FISHERIES ROAD, THENCE ABOUT 400 YARDS SOUTH

TR0287'ALONG A TRAIL AND ROCKY POINT OF SHORE FROM THE EAST END OF THE FISH

TR0287'HATCHERIES DOCK, ON A NARROW ISTHMUS CONNECTING RESERVATION HEAD, A

TR0287'LARGE PROMINENT PENNISULA, WITH THE MAIN LAND, IN DECEPTION PASS STATE

TR0287'PARK, AT THE SOUTHEAST END OF RESERVATION BAY, 144 FEET SOUTH ALONG A

TR0287'TRAIL FROM A TAPERED CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1.4 FEET INCRIBED M C, 6

TR0287'FEET EAST OF A TRAIL, 3.6 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND SET IN THE

TR0287'TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.

TR0287

TR0287 STATION RECOVERY (2004)

TR0287

TR0287'RECOVERY NOTE BY INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS 2004 (JEE)

TR0287'SURVEY DISK MARKED NECK EL.6.32 FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. IT NOW LIES

TR0287'IN THE MIDDLE OF A DIRT TRAIL AND EVEN WITH THE SURFACE. ALSO FOUND

TR0287'THE CONCRETE TAPERED PYRAMID DISCRIBED IN THE 1952 DESCRIPTION WITH

TR0287'THE MARKINGS M C ON THE SIDE, HOWEVER THIS POST IS NOW ON THE SANDY

TR0287'BEACH TIPPED AT AN ODD ANGLE AGAINST A LOG. DID NOT LOOK FOR REFERENCE

TR0287'MARKER OR WITNESS POST.

Edited by EraSeek

I enjoyed the ladder. It was easy going up and a bit frightening going down. Trust me, I normally love going down. It's the going down that might scare a few people, but once you're there you sort of have to climb down or decide to live on the rock.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I left a sig pack streamer in the cache, but I don't know if it's still there.

Edited by Criminal
I enjoyed the ladder.  It was easy going up and a bit frightening going down.  Trust me, I normally love going down.  It's the going down that might scare a few people, but once you're there you sort of have to climb down or decide to live on the rock.

EDIT:  Forgot to add, I left a sig pack streamer in the cache, but I don't know if it's still there.

That's sort of what I'm figuring, that I'll get to the top and be stuck there. Oh well, a geocacher will visit once in awhile, maybe bring food.

Was there a double entendre (sp?) in Criminal's post, or am I just overly suspicious?

Edited by bumblingbs

I have thought of doing EXACTLY what you describe, but then i can't archive this one or that one and soon i just realize i still have all my caches still. i rather like the ones that make me give out an evil chuckle when ever i read somebody's log entry, those caches ill only archive when they go missing.

give it a break, don't plan on ever coming back, but sooner or later you will, we all do.

I have thought of doing EXACTLY what you describe, but then i can't archive this one or that one and soon i just realize i still have all my caches still.  i rather like the ones that make me give out an evil chuckle when ever i read somebody's log entry, those caches ill only archive when they go missing.

give it a break, don't plan on ever coming back, but sooner or later you will, we all do.

Yes, you're right.

I'm already talking about how I need to do some maintenance before I go hunt any more caches. It was just a blip on the screen. More like a burp, I guess.

I found it helped me to have a friend put together an event cache that made me go after a cache I was afraid to do. And, I did it with a great group of people, who reminded me of the things I love about geocaching.

If you ever hit the doldrums again, or implode, drive on up to Washington. We'll get a group together and send you up the scary ladder. That'll put you right. :mad:

Edited by bumblingbs