What The????

BooBooBee

Trying to log a multi-cache that's quite involved. I set up my page, enter all my info, etc., click on both "yes" boxes, then click "submit" only to get an error page! Something about an exception involving '/' and .NET framework. I've tried on both of our computers (one XP and mine, a decrepit Me) and the same happens on both.

Of course, when I return to previous page (where i've spent all the time creating my info), it's all gone, wiped out.

I've started over several times this morning and now I'm giving up. Perhaps someone can give me a clue? (I've never had this problem listing before).

Trying to log a multi-cache that's quite involved. I set up my page, enter all my info, etc., click on both "yes" boxes, then click "submit" only to get an error page! Something about an exception involving '/' and .NET framework. I've tried on both of our computers (one XP and mine, a decrepit Me) and the same happens on both.

Of course, when I return to previous page (where i've spent all the time creating my info), it's all gone, wiped out.

I've started over several times this morning and now I'm giving up. Perhaps someone can give me a clue? (I've never had this problem listing before).

BooBoo -

suggest you do a copy and paste of your main description window to a notepad file. The main thing here is that you have a backup of your page on your own computer. This back up is recommended on the gc site somewhere - I remember reading it. You can also right click on any web page and save it to keep a backup once you are done. I describe below how I handle the problem you have - happened to me too - only one time! Then I got wise.

Myself, what I do is put some simple text in both the descriptor boxes and submit the cache. This gets it locked in and I don't have to sweat the time limit. Once the cache is submitted you can edit all day to your heart's content.

I keep two windows open - one for the cache page and one for the edit page - then all I have to do is submit the cache (edit) and refresh the cache page.

I use frontpage to create the html for my pages and copy and past the html into the descriptor box.

I do a save and edit often to lock in my latest edit version.