Camera Store Photo Contest

Alan2

Alan,

I had been wondering that same question for the last two months. Ritzcamera removed the contest on there webpage a while back. I thought for sure it was one of the contest that would fad away after the deadline date. To my shock Ritzcamera called me last week and said I won first prize. No not the Jeep, but a very nice camera. Here is the link with all the winners.

Linky

;) Sorry your not on the list, but sure hope you had fun getting all the pictures.

Leapgorf (Alan Rees)

Leapgorf, thanks for your post. I had been wondering about the results as well. By reading your post, I checked the site and found I have won a Second Place Prize (a Garmin iQue3600.)

After calling around, I finally spoke with a Ritz rep and found out that they had a bad number for me. Without learning of this from your post, I may have lost out on this deal...THANKS!

;):unsure::unsure:

Hey West Coast, you didn't thank me for raising the issue in the post. I think you ought to let me use the Ique every other week. :P

Gee there were 2 Alan's that won something just no Alan2!

The pictures were the deciding factor so I guess that's why they're not posted. It was a "draw" type contest. You could have submitted a picture of your Auntie and it would have won if picked.

I am excited to announce that I was the lucky grand prize winner in the Ritz GPS Photo Contest!! :anibad:;):huh:

I want to give a big shout of Thanks to "Mr. W." from Ritz, who was extremely nice and worked so hard to get the Jeep into my hands (it wasn't an easy process, but he went far out of his way to make everything just perfect, and I couldn't be more grateful)

Is this an awesome new cachemobile, or what?? ;)

ce0be8c5-18ca-4400-b3a3-11066b0ea2cb.jpg

I was just hoping to win a new GPS or digital camera!

Not the actual winning photo, which was taken in winter, but pretty much the same view:

80e9cbc9-4a6d-47bc-9e91-b861d510674b.jpg

(Worlds Fair Park, with 'Sunsphere' from the 1982 Fair)

THANK YOU RITZ!!

I couldn't be happierr for you MMB!

I had a lot of heartburn with that contest though, it appeared crooked right from the start. If you clicked on Washington, it said "coming soon". It never came and the emails I sent asking about it were largely ignored. There were, in the end, many states that had no coordinates. There was never any explanation from Ritz for the blunder.

All that being said, I think it's awesome that a geocacher won! Congrats!

Hey - I think I recognize a local (and frequent poster), although his name is misspelled.

FOURTH PLACE

Minolta DiMage 414 Garmin GPSMAP 76

George Molina

Aurora, IL

Is actually George Malinas - none other than Dad from Dad and the Dynamic Duo.

Congrats!!!

Thanks Kelly,

Yep, that's me! I got a call from them about 5 weeks ago saying that I'd won the camera. The camera has yet to arrive but I am glad to see that MountainMudbug has taken delivery of the new Jeep!

I am a frequent Ritz / Wolf Camera customer and have to say this contest seems to have been a bust dfrom their P/R point of view. Now I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth but if my company was giving away $30K worth of stuff, I'd sure do a better job of promoting the contest and the winners. I still have no idea which of my four submissions was the winner and wish I could see the entries from others too.

George

I have the feeling that participation was not as high as was anticipated for this contest (that is just my own feeling, nothing that was mentioned by any officials).

I was also disappointed to see the 'coming soon' pages for various areas that never materialized into coordinates, as I had family members I wanted to send out to take photos in those areas so they could enter, too.

Kinda reminds me of the 1st Magellan treasure hunt contest - hopefully any future endeavors will be more solidified. I had also emailed the website a couple times looking for info after the contest was over, and never received any response. I gave up on it until I got the 'big phone call' with the good news that I won, and frankly I still didn't believe it was true until I actually got the prize in my hot little hands :lol:

I must say that I felt..... *compelled* is the only word that fits.... to enter the contest. Every time I thought, "oh right, like I've got a chance", this voice inside said "c'mon, GO FOR IT!!"

Always listen to da voices in ya head! (well, almost always) B)