Adventures In Geocaching

Eagle6990

I personally have alot of them. I love them and my best ones always start out "It was a wonderful day in the world of Ev until...." It is great.

here are a couple

Patricks Miniature Waterfall

Patricks miniature waterfall

Patricks miniature waterfall (team tigger reply to me)

PMW (ev reply)

PMW (log for patrick reply to ev and tigger)

then there is my first "wonderful day in the world of Ev" On Team Tigger Internationals

Hop, Skip, and Jump

hop, skip, jump ( DNF)

hop skip jump found!!

Here are my adventures. lol

Edited by Awsome Ev

Yep, I found it. I wasn't too far in when I realized what was happening, but by then it was too late. I was already going to spend a lot of time picking them out so I went ahead and found it. Needless to say I didn't spend too much time there, just signed the log and got out.

Everyone comments on the shoelaces, but actually they were the easiest besides my legs. I just pulled the shoelaces through the eyeholes and they stripped all of the burrs off of the laces. My legs I just took a credit card and scraped down my legs and they came right off. Now I know why it hadn't been found for almost 2 months in an active area.

As I mentioned before, had I known what I was getting into, i wouldn't have been in shorts. I was doing caches in a park with paved paths so I thought I would be good and by the time I realized I was getting in too deep, I was already covered so I kept going. No big deal, just going to take some time to clean off my shorts. I'm sure I'll have little reminders of this cache around the apartment for awhile!

Hilarious! I'd buy new shoelaces before I attempted to clean those things off!

Yep indeed!!! Did a series of caches down by Augusta, MOntana and by the e3nd of the day, my shoe laces were all burrs. Screw it. I just cut them off the shoe and put new laces in. LOL. I was more careful next time out.

One idea could be to duct tape around the shoe laces if you know you are going to be in that type of stuff. I know it looks silly, but would work. Or better yet, wear gaitors...they usually cover most of the laces.

Edited by evergreenhiker!
I personally have alot of them. I love them and my best ones always start out "It was a wonderful day in the world of Ev until...." It is great.

here are a couple

Patricks Miniature Waterfall

Patricks miniature waterfall

Patricks miniature waterfall (team tigger reply to me)

PMW (ev reply)

PMW (log for patrick reply to ev and tigger)

Ev, we're going to go back to my Miniature Waterfall when it's raining and see if we can go down the limestone sluice like a water-slide!!!

Wow, that's a lot of weed seeds!!!!!

In Kansas we also call those things beggar lice. I've done a few caches lately where there are weed seeds that stick to everything, and it's a tedious chore to get them off.

We have those beggar lice, but they don't bother me as much as the seeds that we call "stick tights". They are a lot smaller and are grayish tan in color and they just won't come off of clothing without a lot of picking and pulling.