A History Of Geocaching

HartClimbs

I think it's impressive that anyone would remember the details and take the time to relog all those caches after the fact (and I'm always happy to read nice things about my cache hides).

I think it's interesting - not logging new finds online adds a certain mystique and I'd heard he's emailing cache owners privately as he finds caches (so at least the cache owners get the benefit of some feedback). It's certainly a different spin on the game. It's probably like Mopar - one day we'll see 1,000 cache finds logged retroactively and balance will be restored in the universe! :blink:

Edited by HartClimbs
I was wondering about just what the hell that was all about. uhhh.. is this supposed to be in lieu of logging finds himself? and the purpose of this is....

????

>shrug<

A lot of people use personal TB's to track their geocaching travels. I've considered doing it, but I'd have to go back and do what BP's doing and retroactively log them.

Guess with only 260 some finds that won't be hard for me. BP's got over a thousand to do :blink: .

Edited by briansnat
Now I just have lots of messages that say:

Log Date: 4/7/2002

Logging personal TB, then deleting note. Greetings to the voyeurs on the watchlist.

So he's still logging online... just deleting the logs. Why I have NO idea. Does the TB distance accumulate even if you make a note and delete it?

Yes. it does. His TB has thousands of miles already.

Now I just have lots of messages that say:

Log Date: 4/7/2002

Logging personal TB, then deleting note.  Greetings to the voyeurs on the watchlist.

So he's still logging online... just deleting the logs. Why I have NO idea. Does the TB distance accumulate even if you make a note and delete it?

Yes. it does. His TB has thousands of miles already.

He's dropped it legitimately and picked it up legitimately from caches he found prior to when he stopped logging (or should I say stopped logging and then deleting) online.

Is the activities that occur after #1111 actually being logged or is the mileage reflecting only up through #1111 ? I can't really tell but since it's being deleted, I'd imagine it would get subtracted out if it was even being added, but I haven't paid attention to the mileage to see if it changes or not.

Is the activities that occur after #1111 actually being logged or is the mileage reflecting only up through #1111 ? I can't really tell but since it's being deleted, I'd imagine it would get subtracted out if it was even being added, but I haven't paid attention to the mileage to see if it changes or not.

I think he hasn't gotten around to adding the caches after #1111.

Edited by stayfloopy

One of the reasons I try and be pretty descriptive in my online logs is so I can go back & view the details of our searches (who joined us, who found the cache, strange/intresting observations, etc.). Cool idea to have the highlights of all the cache finds in one place.

Sometimes I think its just a waste of time to type these lenghty logs ("TNLNSL, Thanks" is much quicker), but once they are done, its nice to have that detail available.

>snip<.....  I guess I could even go back and log the TB in and out og the caches I've found too.  That's nuts, what the hell am I thinking.

If you have scads of free time and nothing better to do........

No chance I'd ever re-enter all those log entries....not unless someone paid me! Plus, who'd even remember all those details!? As I said, pretty impressive expenditure of time and effort (and interesting reading).

Edited by HartClimbs
>snip<.....  I guess I could even go back and log the TB in and out og the caches I've found too.  That's nuts, what the hell am I thinking.

If you have scads of free time and nothing better to do........

No chance I'd ever re-enter all those log entries....not unless someone paid me! Plus, who'd even remember all those details!?

... it would take a genius!

Edited by Team Bam Bam