Closed Topic?

D & K

Just curious, not that I care, I got my answer.......but....

I had a topic that was called "Red Cross" and it asked what the red cross was next to some names.

I got my answer on the first response, and a few people interjected a little humor into the topic. All of a sudden the topic is "CLOSED"

Who closed it?....and Why?

Have you not realized yet that Groundspeak is judge, jury and executioner. Many times they just ask out of THEIR best interest. I would imagine this will get me in trouble, but you know what they say about truth!!

Apparently you are not aware that geocaching is really controlled by the government through satellite transmissions.

Edited by Elf Danach
Have you not realized yet that Groundspeak is judge, jury and executioner. Many times they just ask out of THEIR best interest. I would imagine this will get me in trouble, but you know what they say about truth!!

Apparently you are not aware that geocaching is really controlled by the government through satellite transmissions.

Actually I am well aware of how Groundspeak counts on the use of government satelites, what I am not aware of is what that has to do with the closing of topics? :)

Actually I am well aware of how Groundspeak counts on the use of government satelites, what I am not aware of is what that has to do with the closing of topics? :)

I wasn't referring the topic and neither were you. Read between the lines, Frances.

I see this all the time. Once the original question is answered, a moderator appears and closes the thread without any further comments or explanation. Especially if the thread goes off-topic (off-topic threads belong to the off-topic section).

Guess this thread will be closed real soon now.

OK, I just received a PM from a mod (I'm not sure why he doesn't post here instead) saying that moderators must comment when closing a thread. The original poster can of course close the thread any time without commenting.

D & K, are you sure you didn't accidentally click the "Close Thread" button in that "Red Cross" thread? Maybe that's what happened.

OK, I just received a PM from a mod (I'm not sure why he doesn't post here instead) saying that moderators must comment when closing a thread. The original poster can of course close the thread any time without commenting.

D & K, are you sure you didn't accidentally click the "Close Thread" button in that "Red Cross" thread? Maybe that's what happened.

It seems more likely that a mod closed it and in haste forgot to comment on why. Mods are human (I think) and make mistakes, too.

i think you get in troublr brcause of the breasts in you avatar....they're elbows?....never mind..... :blink:

I see this all the time. Once the original question is answered, a moderator appears and closes the thread without any further comments or explanation. Especially if the thread goes off-topic (off-topic threads belong to the off-topic section).

Guess this thread will be closed real soon now.

A tread that doesn't pertain to geocaching is off topic and belongs in the off topic section.

A thread that has been derailed and now the posts are off the original topic are just fine since the original topic is valid.