Geocaching In The News

Mark.B

Geocaching has made the news here in Albany. Last month the Albany Times Union featured several local geocachers in its article. This week Metroland has geocaching as the cover story, and features a local geocaching couple. The article also mentions Letterboxing. The writer of the article joined us at the New York Capital Region Geocachers monthly breakfast this past Sunday.

Metroland article "hide and seek"

Edited by Mark.B

It's funny, it was actualy that particular article that got me and my gf into geocaching. She had mentioned something about it a year ago or so but wasn't sure as to what it was called. As soon as I read the article (Thursday) we went out and got a somewhat decent GPS (Garmin eTrex Legend) that Saturday. We've been hooked ever since and are having so much fun. An interesting tid-bit: the caches that the couple took the reporter are in The Crossing which is located in the town of Colonie on Albany Shaker Road which just happends to be across the street from my develpment. The caches they took him to were the second and third caches my gf and myself ever found. Good times, good times...