What Is The Best Gps Unit Should I Get?

Tkids

What is the best pick-up and who makes the best beer? LOL you just asked "the mother load of all questions". Both Garmin and Magellan make units that will auto rout. I may not list them all, but here it goes.

Garmin 60c(s)

LegendC and VistaC

Magellan Meridian Gold, Plat, and color

And I think the SporTrack color will also.

All of the above listed units have there own plusses and negatives, and everyone has definite feelings about "which one is best".

I would suggest gathering a little info here in the forums, but to decide in which one is best for you, try to meet some cachers in your area, go caching with them, and check out their GPSr's. Play around with a few, check the screen resolution and screen size, weather you can read/see them in sunlight. You know, put them through their paces in the field. After you have done this, you should feel pretty comfy dropping a few hundred $$$$ on a GPSr.

I know this is probably not "the answer" you were looking for, but it is an honest and unbiased one.

I'll add the GPS V to the list. It's day in the limelight is over so maybe you can get a great deal. It autoroutes as well. It's other advantage is that it comes with the autorouting map software.

The Map76C, 60C/S and Legend C and VistaC don't. You have to buy it separatly.

One thing to factor in is map memory. If you travel a lot more memory is better as you don't have to swap out your maps as often.

Edited by Renegade Knight
The 36C made by Sarcasm isn't bad at all. I personally prefer the 12CS made by Irony, check this thread for more info:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=80407

Chill out blue. Why do you waste your time replying with nonsense answers to a topic? If you think it is silly that people ask the same questions over and over, do not waste your time, or theirs, with your conceit and arrogance. I think that is silly, rude, and a waste of people’s time. Were you born knowing everything, or did you just study allot and never ask a question or get help from anyone? It must be lonely knowing everything.

See that's the thing. There's three other forums about camping and outdoorsmanship that I like frequenting from time to time. Not one week passes without someone responding to one of MY questions with the type of response I gave this OP here. So.....I was experimenting with my "conceit and arrogance" response as you call it......I suppose this forum is really family oriented and very friendly then.

Now if you feel the need to flame me, flame on, so be it.

Now all that aside and just for the sake of argument wouldn't "wasting others time" be a matter of opinion in this case. Because the way I see it, another person asking "what GPS should I get?" is wasting YOUR time because you have to respond again to yet another post that you had probably responded to last week or yesterday. On the other hand "I" could be wasting the Original Poster's time by responding with a smart alec remark like I did. :blink:

Edited by Blue Contrails
See that's the thing. There's three other forums about camping and outdoorsmanship that I like frequenting from time to time. Not one week passes without someone responding to one of MY questions with the type of response I gave this OP here. So.....I was experimenting with my "conceit and arrogance" response as you call it......I suppose this forum is really family oriented and very friendly then.

Now if you feel the need to flame me, flame on, so be it.

cache on cacher, keep smile'n, and cache'n