Coin Collecting

GO West

All those who have found a Moun10Bike version 2 geocoin.  I am planning on going to find Got Coin? the weekend following Thanksgiving.  The misses will be out of town so either day will work at this point.  Peace, Nolenator

Count me in Nol - either day. Thanks to your "share the love" geo-generosity, I've "noodled" the coords and am eager to go!

Are you planning on walking it or biking?

Likely walking as to not exclude anybody. Hopefully we will hit a few other caches in the area. Peace, Nolenator

Chewie and I will be there if my wife works that weekend.

If not, I'll have to spend some "quality time" which I doubt will include even a little hike since she'll be 7 months preggo by then.

alas - I haven't Got Coin!

Aha! Now this thread comes full circle!

Check back to my original posts, arguing that anyone with a Moun10bike coin on their mantel (or mantle) is withholding it from everyone else in the name of "collecting."

Now, it turns out, you collectors are also withholding a cache location (Got Coin!).

Before I go further, let me say: I have made my peace with these issue.

And I don't even mind that my thread got hijacked. In fact, I was considering posting in Northwest Milestone how proud I was when it got it's 100th post.

I will likely hit a few caches before the group meets. Most people know I am an early morning cacher. Go and P2T does that give you any ideas? Peace, Nolenator

Depends on whether you want hike-in/hike-out or park-n-grab.

There are three in McDonald Park that I haven't done yet, also a few EraSeek caches just north of Duvall (hunting season though, they might not be smart). Goin' Campin and my Moss Lake Multi are in the vicinity as well.

There are four or five quick ones right around Duvall. And, a series on the SV Trail, if you want to get a bike ride in (four within three miles one-way) - I have one left to do.

Should this outing be moved to a new thread?

Ok, nobody seems to be leaning for Sunday or Saturday, the outing to Got Coin? for all who are elidgible or want to be elidgible is the Saturday following Thanksgiving. My lovely wife will be out of town so I will likely spend the whole day hunting in the general area of Got Coin? with Baxter. Quite a few out that direction are on my must do list. If we are lucky we might even get the man himself to come officiate if he isn't out of town. Are you listening Jon? All are welcome to come along for the fun. I will be starting early as usual. Guess I should start a new thead. Peace, Nolenator

Edited by nolenator

Hmm, this sounds really nice, but I haven't found a Moun10bike coin yet- can't mobilize my troops that fast! Sounds like there might be a chance if I'm caching along on some caches before that one? I did find my first geocoin this week! I have done alot of the Duvall area caches, but would love to do some of the longer ones with a group when I don't have to haul my 4 nd 6 yr olds in and out! Any chance a relative newbie could come along? Got a trekking pole and promise no one would have to carry me!

I am having lunch with JCAR tommorow and I am sure we will go by a cache along the way. Got any ideas. I haven't heard a peep out of M10B to discourage my actions so I will keep on sharing the love with my fellow cachers. I want to keep the Saturday activities fun and I am hoping some of my fellow coin holders will join the fun. As the date draws closer more will be disclosed. Stay tuned. Peace, Nolenator

GoWest joined JCAR and I for lunch and wouldn't even touch my Moun10Bike coin. Man that guy has got some scruples. Don't worry Go, like I said it will be in a cache in the near future. I am waiting for the the planets to align just right before submitting my latest evilness (read: finally get off my duff and finish the thing). Peace, Nolenator

GoWest joined JCAR and I for lunch and wouldn't even touch my Moun10Bike coin. Man that guy has got some scruples. Don't worry Go, like I said it will be in a cache in the near future. I am waiting for the the planets to align just right before submitting my latest evilness (read: finally get off my duff and finish the thing). Peace, Nolenator

I kind of agree with Go here...I haven't got my new MTB coin yet, but it will be in a cache that I've not found or passed off. I could have gone back to caches several times already, but it's against my grain to revisit caches I've done already. Only exception if I were to trade another similar coin for it, perhaps I could justify it then.

GoWest joined JCAR and I for lunch and wouldn't even touch my Moun10Bike coin.  Man that guy has got some scruples.  Don't worry Go, like I said it will be in a cache in the near future.  I am waiting for the the planets to align just right before submitting my latest evilness (read: finally get off my duff and finish the thing).  Peace, Nolenator

I kind of agree with Go here...I haven't got my new MTB coin yet, but it will be in a cache that I've not found or passed off. I could have gone back to caches several times already, but it's against my grain to revisit caches I've done already. Only exception if I were to trade another similar coin for it, perhaps I could justify it then.

Thanks for your input EGH! because I really respect your opinion. Those of you that have fondled my coin and jotted down the code and logged it as a find are the lucky ones. I will no longer be sharing the love. You other guys and gals will have to really earn it. Peace, Nolenator

No no no no! My coin hang-ups are mine, and no one elses! I don't want to force my weird standards on anyone!

My point all along has been that these collectables are too rare, especially since so many of them are themselves now collecting only dust. Share-the-love is a fine system. (I might of given it another name).

By the way, I picked up my WA coins this morning. GO has sorted them and hid them away somewhere in her room. I have no idea where they are.

GoWest joined JCAR and I for lunch and wouldn't even touch my Moun10Bike coin.  Man that guy has got some scruples.  Don't worry Go, like I said it will be in a cache in the near future.  I am waiting for the the planets to align just right before submitting my latest evilness (read: finally get off my duff and finish the thing).  Peace, Nolenator

Thanks for your input EGH! because I really respect your opinion. Those of you that have fondled my coin and jotted down the code and logged it as a find are the lucky ones. I will no longer be sharing the love. You other guys and gals will have to really earn it. Peace, Nolenator

What a bummer for us ordinary folk, who will never be able to race other cachers to mountain peaks at the drop of a hat, er... coin. But I guess they were intended for the extraordinary anyway, and there's always hope that we might run across one while conquering evil caches at lower elevations. Sometimes I have to remind myself that caching is all about having fun, and I'm getting plenty of that!! :blink:

Through the generosity of some fellow cachers, I have my hands on one of the coveted and extremely rare Moun10Bike geocoins. I'm putting it into a new cache as the FTF prize. The cache will go live here in Beaumont on Saturday, January 8, 2005. Many folks from all over the state (and a couple from Louisiana) are planning on making the trip over to try and nab the coin. There will also be an event in the same park that day.

Check the forums for more details...

http://texasgeocaching.com/forum/topic.asp...335&whichpage=1

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...moun10bike+coin

Just a quick note to remind everyone that The Amazing Moun10Bike Race (GCMD7V)

is set to begin at 6AM on Saturday, January 8, 2005. Which cunning cacher

will nab the coveted FTF Prize (Moun10Bike Geocoin #264) and the attached

bragging rights?

You'll need to start plotting your strategy now, as many of the top Texas

and Louisiana cachers will be in the running.

We are also hosting the Shootin' the Breeze in Beaumont event cache

(GCMD5D) in the same park later in the day. In addition, this will be a

good opportunity for those who have not nabbed their Southeast Texas Hall

of Fame (GCJ40N) certificate to do so.

We hope to see everyone there!

Links:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...be-a6a4d57615b2

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...4e-67a0616b3c85

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...81-d93e958ac285

Hello again all,

I forgot to mention that I'm heading to Iraq this Summer for a year vacation. I'm willing to take anyone's personal trade items or TB's with me to log on some miles in a combat zone for you... Thats just the type of guy I am, anyway I need to keep a sense of humor while I am there taking care of my Cav Troops. I will take a picture of your item and send it back to you with your siganture item from Iraq. I'm even gonna put in a cache in one of the FOBs (Forward Operation Base) while I'm there. Don't worry nobody will get hurt at my cache hides.

Contact me if interested.

Edited by Cav Scout
Hello again all,

I forgot to mention that I'm heading to Iraq this Summer for a year vacation. I'm willing to take any of your personal trade items or TB's with me to log on some miles in a combat zone for you... Thats just the type of guy I am, anyway I need to keep a sense of humor while I am there taking care of my Troopers. I will take a picture of your item and send it back to you with you siganture item from Iraq. I'm even gonna put in a cache in one of the FOBs while I'm there. Don't worry nobody will get hurt at my cache hides.

Contact me if interested.

I'll send you an AGA geocoin to take over there if you'll send me your address!