Coin Collecting

GO West

Mount10Bikes coin is a memory of traveling 1400 miles across the country and finding his Mount10Bike Maze Multicache at night and spending 5.5 hours after dark in an area I have never been to, completely unlike any thing I see in Kansas City and further meeting him the next morning for breakfast.

You did that cache at night? :P After having done that one in the daytime, and also bein an out of towner, I can truely say I am impressed! Sometimes I get freaked out enough night caching in my area, let alone another state :P

Congrats on the coin and I heartily agree with ya on your points.

Hey, after all this time of input to other coins I'm working on the design for a personal coin. Think I might finally be able to get a moun10bike coin? I had one in my possession once, but like a good cacher I put it in another cache. And of course the guy that took it after me took and kept it. Just can't win.

Well, like this totally cool friend of mine that does web design wanted to repay a favor and so she made me a new avtar.  It will be the design for the new coin.  Thanks GG.  Peace, Nolenator

Dang it, if Nolenator's getting a coin, I really want to get one of my own.

I think the front should be a lab-mix chasing a bull moose. Maybe the back could be St. Helens erupting as the moose gallops away.

Edited by Bull Moose
Well, like this totally cool friend of mine that does web design wanted to repay a favor and so she made me a new avtar.  It will be the design for the new coin.  Thanks GG.  Peace, Nolenator

Dang it, if Nolenator's getting a coin, I really want to get one of my own.

I think the front should be a lab-mix chasing a bull moose. Maybe the back could be St. Helens erupting as the moose gallops away.

Well, apparently no one was paying attention to the coin that M10B left up at Deception Pass Last Weekend.

My Canadian GeoCoin #2648 seems to be a very lucky coin! In BOTH caches it's been left in, it's been exchanged for a M10B coin :)

Geocoin 2648 has been exchanged 3 times.

2004-10-07 Hidden by GeoRoo in Near Deception Pass

Traded for a m10bike geocoin. … Cache Page

2004-09-28 Found by GeoRoo in Found Near Snoqualmie Pass

Found after almost destroying my car to reach a m10bike geocoin.

2004-09-28 Hidden by Right Wing Wacko in Snoqualmie Pass

Traded for a Moun10Bike Coin … Cache Page

...It will be the design for the new coin.

Indeed, as I was fiddling with it, it ocurred to me that it practically BEGS to become a geocoin.

Now as for the back, hmmm.... numbered of course, and perhaps... something that depicts "dawn" - those serene moments when you're out there fumbling in the near dark - nabbing all those FTFs!

Did someone grab the m10bike coin at Maple Pass? That was going to be my primary goal yesterday, but I had the pontoon boat all ready to go on my car, so changed my plans. I just about went nuts waiting for my pocket querie to come through yesterday morn. of the Deception Pass area and I finally gave up and left about 8am. I see it came through at 8:32am. Timing is everything they say!.....:P I did another 8 caches at Deception Pass, but sure felt naked without my PDA.

Picked the one up at Maple Pass today, was a little worried hiking up there when I saw several sets of foot prints in the snow. Passed two groups but there was one set still ahead of me. I got to the cache and sure enough it was still in there. I feel like I’m part of the club now, when do I get to learn the secret hand shake. Thanks Nolenator for giving me a chance to pick one of these up in a cache.

Ray

Edited by Ray&Rose
Picked the one up at Maple Pass today, was a little worried hiking up there when I saw several sets of foot prints in the snow. Passed two groups but there was one set still ahead of me. I got to the cache and sure enough it was still in there. I feel like I’m part of the club now, when do I get to learned the secret hand shake. Thanks Nolenator for giving me a chance to pick one of these up in a cache.

Ray

And you left a silver geocoing too! I just got mine this weekend and it's beautiful. Mine's just for my collection, though...

Not the pure silver one, I have one but it's for my collection also. I left one of the silver plated ones. The one I dropped off I was going to save for my personal collection until I talked Rose in to letting me buy one of the pure silver ones. I edited the log just to make sure there is no confusion.

Edited by Ray&Rose
You are very welcome Ray, you earned it.  We should all go do Got Coin?  together and Bull and I can show you the secret hand shake.  Peace, Nolenator

Cool, never noticed that cache or the number on the back.

Let me know when you are planning on doing that one. Seems like Chewie's type of cache.

There was a rumor a while back that the gate is open and one can drive a lot closer to Got Coin than one use to be able to go.

Also being a new Member of the Got-Coin club, this one is near the top of my To-Do list.

There was a rumor a while back that the gate is open and one can drive a lot closer to Got Coin than one use to be able to go.

If they are doing logging or other operations during a weekday you'll often find the gates open. I have never seen them open during the weekend, though. Also, I once drove through one of the open gates and got scolded by a very surly truck driver. As a result, I'm of the impression that you are not allowed to drive in even when they are open.

If they are doing logging or other operations during a weekday you'll often find the gates open. I have never seen them open during the weekend, though. Also, I once drove through one of the open gates and got scolded by a very surly truck driver. As a result, I'm of the impression that you are not allowed to drive in even when they are open.

But I'll be wearing my new Groundspeak Orange Vest and have my clipboard in hand! :unsure:;)

But I'll be wearing my new Groundspeak Orange Vest and have my clipboard in hand! :D:blink:

Sure, tell them you're from the spotted owl inspection board. They love that stuff! :unsure:

I did this fine cache (Got Coin?) this afternoon. Yep, the gate was wide open. But there was a company truck and a guy sitting in it making sure no cars went in. There are logging operations going on 0.5 miles in just east of the road and up the hill. They were loading timber onto trucks. I was glad to get past that loud mess and hiked on to the cache. When I got back after 5PM the gatekeeper was gone. probably got off work at 5PM, gate was wide open. But there were at least three posted "No Motor Vehicles" signs at the trailhead. You might be able to sneak in after five but you risk being spotted by the logging operation. I suggest just hiking in, no worries. Besides the find wouldn't be as meaningful as a drive-by.