Wooden Coins And Other Personalized Items

Team Snoopy

There are many resources out there.  I'll just show you mine:

136981_1300.jpg

I got them from Token Factory.  Currently their website is under construction.

I like those a lot. :laughing: How much did they cost?

MarcB

I found out about the Glow-in-the-Dark tokens in the Glow in the dark Signature tokens forum thread. I was expecting about a $70 cost for 100, but I dropped some features and got them down to about $55. Since I added a serial number to each of them, they can be tracked and I use a forum on my website, but it doesn't get too much attention. I could advertise it more, but it is cooler when someone actually finds a way to log it. It makes those much more special!

As for customizing normal stuff like flashlights and carabiners, you can do that at your local Office Depot or Staples, but sheesh are those expensive. Just toss $10 in the cache instead. :P

I also got some pencils from Write-on-Pencils. Finding golf pencils are really hard to find and I got them custom made for pretty cheap!

Good luck in your searches!

Just wondering where people get personalized items to trade? I've seen people with wooden coins with their team name and some kind of pic burned into it. Or some people talk about mag lights or hook things with their name or something else on it. Where do they get these things??

Weasel makes his nickel's out of blanks from a local craft store, and that clear 'print a sticker' paper.

Not sure which ones are burned :laughing:

Some people make their own, some pay for professional creations. Just keep watching this thread and you'll see lots of examples.

:P

For my custom wooden nickels (sorry -- no image available) I bought the blank wooden nickels at a craft store and use a custom stamp to stamp my own. I got the custom stamp from this web site. It is a quality rubber stamp w/handle and it cost me around $10 if I remember right.

I then drill a small hole in the wooden nickel and attach it to one of these compass/carabiners. It makes for a nice personal, geo-caching related kind of trade item.

Check out Big Bad Trucker' Geonickel Website which contains advice on how to create one. (Turn your volume off if you get the banning advertisement with the ringing cell phone.)

Also see Myarch's pointers on creating wooden geo-tokens with drafting applique film.

Moun10Bike's page also has some info on wooden geocoins (in addition to his metal ones).

Instead of wood, how about polymer clay? Check out MountainMudBug's site on how to make them yourself.

For more ideas, check out our Geocoin Designs page.

FISUR

I use the wooden nickel blanks like Outtahand does. They are $.79 for a bag of 6 at Hobby Lobby, and I use a custom stamp I got from Cissy-n-CR's store for one side and a small american flag on the other. By the time you add shipping, they are not much more expensive than the imprinted ones from Wooden-Nickel.com, and you don't have to buy 1,000 at a time! It takes a few minutes to stamp them, but you can do 20 or 30 at a time, and make more when you run low.

Oh, and thanks for the link to the carabiner/compass, Outtahand! Those a pretty cool and not that expensive! I just ordered 2 dozen that I'll attach the same way you do! :lol:

The original geonickel website with instructions on how to create geonickels can be found at http://www.geonickel.com , there is nothing to buy there, just instructions on how to create a simple cheap Personal item.

Check out Big Bad Trucker' Geonickel Website which contains advice on how to create one. (Turn your volume off if you get the banning advertisement with the ringing cell phone.)

Also see Myarch's pointers on creating wooden geo-tokens with drafting applique film.

Moun10Bike's page also has some info on wooden geocoins (in addition to his metal ones).

Instead of wood, how about polymer clay? Check out MountainMudBug's site on how to make them yourself.

For more ideas, check out our Geocoin Designs page.

FISUR

I created my own sig items by lazer printing round stickers and putting them on both sides of a heavy clay poker chip. Chip sets are inexpensive at Target in the toy section.Most sticker suppliers offer downloadable templates to print stickers by the sheet.

Edited by ras_oscar