Should A Tb Be Replaced By The Person That Lost It

chaos02

Well, our situation is that 2 of our TB's have not moved in close to a year :( . We contacted the holders of them and one of them has graciously said he would replace the TB and would even find a figure to put back on the tag :blink: .

Now the other, hasn't returned emails but to say they lost it somewhere. :P

Do we ask them to replace it, has there been any quidelines set up for this?? I know we can't be the first.

We can understand that if a cache gets muggled or washed away or cannibalized then it should be on us to replace the tag. But everyone should treat these tags as their own and respect the property of others.

So what are the thoughts?????? :blink:

Thanks.

has there been any quidelines set up for this??

Not that I'm aware of.

Now personally, I figure stuff happens. I release a bug and that's it. I hope it survives but realistically I should expect it to disappear eventually. 99% of the time you'll never know what happened to the TB.

If someone was kind enough to tell me that they lost the bug I would at least have closure. I'd graveyard the bug and move on. I have no expectation that someone owes me compensation for losing a bug. It was probably an accident or at least unintentional.

I personally wouldn't concern myself with seeking damages for something that leads such a transitory life like a travel bug.

Edited by Elf Danach

Releasing a Tb into 'the wild' is always a risk. Some lead happy caching lives, others disappear off the face of the earth.

Out of all the TB's I have out there, only one has disappeared. I never dreamed of asking the cacher that had it last to replace it. It's just a risk you take. Buy some more tb's and send them out or send out your copy tag as a replacement.

If someone graciously offers to replace a travel bug tag they lost, accept it and say thank you. If they don't, accept it and take it as a loss. There is no way to make people replace a travel bug. Stuff happens. You take the risk when you send something out into the great wide world and expect strangers of all ages and types to move it around, and keep track of it, and log it, and write down the number, and remember where they wrote it down, and remember to to keep up with it. You never know, your travel bug could still show up someday.