Georugby

MarcB

Glad you like the idea of the game. There are a couple of things you may be interested in:

1. Haggis Hunter can still take part and play as a Northerner. We chose England as the pitch because we happen to live close to Meriden, its centre. It's definitely *not* just for the English!

2. Each tryline is about 3 legal passes from the centre line. See the map at http://www.geolympics.org/rugby/pitch.htm - the red "I" mark shows the maximum legal distance to the next cache.

3. There is only 1 incarnation of the TB that is alive at any one time, and finding any ball should only be counted once (sorry). Using the uniquely numbered token just allows us to restart the game without having to visit Scarborough or Southampton to retrieve the ball.

We were hoping to release the ball over the weekend, after the official notification of new caches. Unfortunately it didn't arrive this week. Kick-off is now VERY imminent.

You should play for whoever you feel you belong to, and failing that use geography to decide. The game will benefit from people playing in their opponent's half! :(

Ah of course! This'll make the game much more interesting!

Me being at Lancaster now makes me a true Northerner... only problem there's no caches round here to place the ball in.

(hmmm)

MarcB

I'm just about a northerner... Can someone take it further down?
You mean further up surely!!!!!!

What Chris&MaryB say sounds about right to me. :) In this half the northerners are trying to get the ball down "darn sarf" while the southerners will try to send it "oop north"! In the second half it reverses...

Errrrrrrrrr.......I know. Was trying to be clever...........

We will win anyway!!!!

Come on Southerners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Conversion is attempted as soon as a try is scored. If the ball is moved directly to another cache in the same in-goal area, 2 points are scored. If it is moved out of the in-goal area, or if any of the rules for a pass are broken, the conversion attempt has failed."

Taken from The GeoRugby web page

So if the Northerners pick it up and drop it into another cache north of the try-line: 2 points. If the Southerners grab it and drop it south of the try-line: 0 points.

Good luck!

HANG ON!

The match consists of two halves, each lasting 180 days (actually, once time has run out play continues until a natural stop such as a rule breach or a try and conversion). One team plays southbound, the other northbound. At half time the teams change ends, ie the team that was playing northbound now plays southbound and vice versa.

Just noticed this Stupid rule. Does this mean play is NOT over in two days? If so, we need a northerner to foul the new ball or something!

That's the thing John, it's now ONE day to the end of the SECOND half, game over you would think...

I reckon if the ball is not in the Centre of England cache by tomorrow, game over. As I read the rules, if it IS in the centre of England cache by tomorrow, then the game ends at "a natural stop". The 'worst case' for us northerners would be a southern try making the score 7-5. At THAT point the game is definatly over, and we've won anyway.

YEAH!!!! WE WIN!!!!