You Know You've Been Caching Too Much When...

I love these topics!

1. Have you missed classes or work because of geocaching?

2. Do you have trouble refusing geocaching?

3. Do you need geocaching in order to have fun at a party?

4. Do you use geocaching to build up your self-confidence

5. Do you use geocaching to help you relax?

6. Have you tried to give up geocaching and failed?

7. Do you crave geocaching as soon as you wake up?

8. Do you get into trouble because of geocaching?

9. Do you crave geocaching at a definite time daily?

10. Do you lie to others about how often you partake in Geocaching?

11. Have you gotten into financial difficulties because of geocaching?

12. Do you often wish people would just mind their own business about you and geocaching?

13. When you are in a store, do you look at every hollow object as a potential cache container?

14. Do you spend most of your time in a dollar store looking for swag?

15. Are you always looking for a hiding spot everywhere you go?

16. Do you get really excited when you find a new park?

17. Do you check geocaching.com web site more than once a day?

18. Has your GPSr ever been confiscated "for your own good"?

19. Do you no longer visualize/think of the city in terms of streets and addresses but rather cache locations?

20. When you start giving out coordinates instead of map directions to a particular location (like your house).

21. Have you had more “conversations” on your Garmin than on your REAL cell phone?

22. Does your wedding invitation feature a Difficulty / Terrain rating?

23. Have you realized you can now read the hints without clicking “Decrypt”or looking at the key?

24. Do you get distracted watching movies because you keep scanning the background scenery, thinking, “That’d be a GREAT place for a cache!”?

25.Are the clerks at McDonald's getting suspicious?

26. Did you name your youngest child, "Micro."?

27. When your boss takes you aside and asks about the smell of DEET when you come back from a long lunch, Do you lie and claim it's cheap gin?

28. Does your significant other call you to dinner through the forums?

29. Have the police followed you home after a massive ZipLoc shopping run?

30. Does everyone else put a quarter in the coffee fund jar in the office break room, but you TAKE a quarter, leave a Travel Bug, and cover the jar with pine straw?

GCM3TX

At first, I started bringing "outdoor"clothes to work and would change into them in the office bathroom at the end of the day.

Next, I brought my change of clothes to work and left them in the car so I could change into them while stopping at a bathroom along the way to a geocache.

Then, I started changing into those clothes while in my car and parked at the trailhead.

Then, I started changing into them while partly getting out of the parked car.

Today, I changed into them while outside the car in front of some lady.

Gawd....I've lost all dignity.

When you stop at every guardrail or light post just because "There has to be a cache hidden there!"  :D

Sunday I called JoGPS on his cell phone to ask him if there were any micros in Bicentennial park because I was there just because and was trying to resist the urge to go and lift every light pole cover.

I think my mother laughed at me for a good five minutes when I did that.

And then he said there weren't any like that and I still had to resist the urge to check.

Yeah, what if a cache was approved since the time you talked to him and you arrived at the cache site? You've got to think about these things.. ;);)

You Know You've Been Caching Too Much When...

... you buy $10 worth the swag everytime you go to Wal-Mart regardless of how quick you intended to make your visit.

... you wait another day before leaving on vacation because you're waiting on 5 more PQ's.

--------------------

We were spending some time in Charleston and I had 950 waypoints loaded. We went out to Fort Sumter where Night Attack is. I had the location and knew it was a virt but I didn't have the requirements. I called my Mom to have her look it up but she wasn't home and I didn't get to log it.

Edited by Husker
When you take the entire engine crew out for "excersice"  , to get the newest cache when your on duty!

:D I do this all the time with AMH209 in our ambulance-- and he's a SUPERVISOR!!! :D

Glad to know we're not the only ones!!!

How about:

You wait anxiously for your kids to lose interest in their Kids Meal toys so you can add them to your stash for the next caching trip.