Gpsmap 60cs

TandGG

I own a GPSmap60CS and the instuction book says I can go to Find-Geocache-GoTo and the compass page turns into Geocache Navigation with features that include Found-Note-Data-Stop options.

I can navigate up to the Go To point but the Compass page is still a regular compass page. Help.

Do you have "Follow Road" turned on. It will not go to Geocaching mode in Follow Road, Need to go to Setup/Routing/Guidance Method to either Off Road, or Prompted and select Direct route when asked. You also have to be searching for a GEOCACHING type Waypoint, and have GEOCACHING setup correct. Go to Setup/Geocache.

Hope this helps.

Cache Well

Prompted is selected however that is no Direct Route option ony Prompted (again) Faster Time and Shorter Distance. I believe I have the Geochace page set up with the open and closed treasure boxes and Yes. This step baffled me too as it didn't seem to do anything. Oh my so much to learn. Thanks for the exercise of surfing on my GPS to other areas. Always a ton of fun. TandGG in Phelan

Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I have it all prompted instead switching settings manually. I follow the road to nagivate to the area and then 're-find' the waypoint selecting off-road. It's not to cumbersome (about 4 clicks) but I wonder if there is an easier way to switch from on-road to off-road on the same waypoint. (like automatically switch to off-road when you are within .10 of a mile, or whatever)

Edited by Elf Danach
I find the geocaching mode cumbersome at times. If I'm not watching what I'm doing, sometimes I accidently hit enter when FOUND is highlighted. If I'm still searching for the cache, I have to go back in and restart the search and edit the icon back to a closed box, in case I don't find it.

I have sent that in to Garmin about making the Note button the default one that is highlighted NOT the Found. I hate having to goto to the waypoint list, change the icon back, and set it to find the same cache again, and again if I am really careless.