Upgrades And Retrogrades

It's all happening in Groundspeak's R&D department at the moment, isn't it? Every other day, a new thing - and some of them aren't even broken.

On the cache listings (from a chosen position), we now seem have dinky little direction pointers, to go with the distances column.

And on the pages themselves, "Eire" has become "Ireland", and the United Kingdom appears to be a valid country again.

Which is nice... :rolleyes:

(It'll please Teasel, anyway.)

Has anyone else noted that alternate caches are shaded?

That's been that way for a while now actually, it just makes reading down a column a bit better.

I noticed the new 'features' on the listings last night. The icon under the difficulty and terrain rating for the cache container size is sort of useful, though it doesnt give you any more info than visiting the cache's page would anyway. Not so sure about the direction pointers, as said, I really need to know which way west is without thinking about it :wacko:

When I saw them last night not all the new items seemed to be fully plumbed in, so it was a bit confusing at first, seems everything has alt text and so forth now though.

I'm liking the new features... now I can tell which way North-west is without even thinking about it...!

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new additions. They seems to squash all the other info up, and I'm sure we all know which way is North.

T

I'm with you on this, especially the compass icon. It has started to look very "busy" on the screen. I preferred the simplicity. It was very functional.

Still, can't complain. The site is up and working 99% of the time, which is the main thing :wacko:

I don't care so long as it works!

But must admit too maby changes at a time makes it feel like when they move stuff around the supermarket. Bl88d7 annoying until you get used to it.

I have found most of the changes good once you get used to them.

The compass may be usefull if you do a search and want a clue to the next nearest cache being in the direction you want to travel.

Ok rambled enough!

I'm liking the new features... now I can tell which way North-west is without even thinking about it...!

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new additions. They seems to squash all the other info up, and I'm sure we all know which way is North.

T

I'm with you on this, especially the compass icon. It has started to look very "busy" on the screen. I preferred the simplicity. It was very functional.

Still, can't complain. The site is up and working 99% of the time, which is the main thing :blink:

As you can gather, I agree too.

MarcB