Caching Karma Stick

4agers

The Caching Karma Stick is off on a new mission. This time it is heading for Tucson Arizona. Team 4agers will be doing some caching/hiking down that way in March and hope we can meet up.

That isn't the real reason we sent it off though. We just think it is too darned cool to keep to ourselves. So, if your interested in helping it along let everyone know here, in this forum. Post your city and state so whomever has it can look through the posts and find someone to pass it to. Let everyone know if you have a special cache or hike you will be taking it on as well.

Please read the entire TB page, so you know what your getting into. I would also suggest you put it on your watch list because it does provide some interesting reading.

I realize we are not exactly along the path for the Karma Stick on it's current Mission but NEFGA would like to extend an invitation for the stick to visit GeoWoodstock3 on May 28,2005. Possibly that could be it's next mission. We are anticipating having 500 cachers present from around the world and we are hoping to have at least as many tbugs as at GW2 where there were over 400 bugs present. We have 2 traveling hiking sticks here in Florida as well and it would be nice to get the three of them together.

Since I live in Tucson, I'll be on the lookout for this and will gladly be ready for a handoff when the time approaches! I can always use some good karma!

--Dave, The Cow Spots

How cool is that! Thanks Cow Spots. Maybe we can arrange a fun way to leave it at our friends place.

Another Tucson Cacher that would be honored to help with this in some way..

Helping TB's is fun.. Searching for special ones to assist is even more exciting.

Maybe it could be met up with on a hill top? An impropue event? Or just at a local area over a nice cup of coffee? :o

Let me touch it PLEASE!!!! (ok, that might have come out wrong :D )

The caching folks here in NW Ohio feel that we've held onto the Caching Karma Stick long enough so we are looking for someone to help us out. We live in the Toledo area and a few of us thought that we'd enjoy taking a daylong caching road trip to Indiana to pass off this fine hiking stick. For convenience, I think we'd prefer someone that is in or around or would travel to the Ft. Wayne area to meet us.

Post here, or feel free to email me thru gc.com, I'm also going to post a similar thread in the midwest forums to find Indiana cachers that post there.

Thanks

Craig :P

Northwest Ohio Geocachers

Team Hydnckr, BlackBrownDog, I've been trying to get ahold of you via email for about a week to finalize the "where & when" arrangements. I suspect my email provider is not sending the emails, or they're not getting through a firewall somewhere or something.

PLEASE email me before Friday night so we can finish up the plans to meet on Saturday.

-Kim for "Paws"itraction

Email addys: nivekmik@myvine.com (this is the one it'll go to if you go through the "email cacher" link on geocaching.com)

nivekmik2000@yahoo.com

Thanks!

(crossposted to the Midwest forum as well.)

Corp or Discovery had the Caching Karma Stick with him last night when he and Stunod met me for dinner and some caching. Very cool! Stunod took our Picture and once Nolemon has grabbed and logged it, I get to do so as well! It stayed with them as we were certain the airport authorities wouldn't let me take it as carry on. I hope it makes it to Tucson, one of my favorite work sites is just south of there in Sahuarita.

-J

Hey, although work has really had Team 4agers strapped for time lately... we are getting a huge kick out of watching the Karma Stick's progress. So many interesting folks. I've finally got a chance to update the page with all the karma Folks... If I've missed someone let me know. I'd love to get the names of all the folks at the MIGO event. That was pretty darned cool!

Holy Cow... (no offense cow spots) did you folks really hit over 100 in a day... where you part of a cache machine?

Holy Cow... (no offense cow spots) did you folks really hit over 100 in a day... where you part of a cache machine?

If this is reference to TheCheeseheads et al, yes they did over 100 that day. Most of them were a series of 99 caches (BoB's, Bottles of Beer). It was not part of a cache machine, just a few psychos going full tilt. They did the series in 3 hrs 44 min. The caches were released for an event a while ago and on that day the team I was with, I'm pretty sure, was 1st to complete the series. The day in question here was my second time doing them. I didn't log them again of course, I just acted as navigator. After the series we went on to find additional caches for their 100+ total.

Thanks to COD for letting me have possession of the stick for a bit. I was able to share it with FallenFaery and Bedfinders before passing it back to COD. What a cool item...thanks to 4agers for spreading good karma... :D

Edited by Special Ed
Don't feel dirty Markwell.  It is completely acceptable :D

Actually, I will make sure I add your name to the list tonight.  It's nice to see some of the forum regulars getting their hands on it.

I just dropped the stick and its new handlers off at O'Hare airport for the next leg of the journey...

8bf03bd1-d8df-45df-9fa3-82cc0b587bd7.jpg

The TB logs should all get updated tonight and Nebraska can enjoy some Karma.

Wow, so much Karma! It should be well on it's way to Nebraska now, or there already. I've ready so many of Carleenp's post of the last year that I almost feel that I know her. BTW... my daughter is an Anime freak and spends most of her days drawing.

It was also nice to see Stunod, The Leprechans and Markwell be able to spread some Karma. Some quality Karma there!

Now... I have to go look at a map to figure out where Nebraska is?

The Caching Karma Stick was one of the first TBs that I became aware of when we first started geocaching. It must've been "back home" about that time, but I being such a newbie, missed it.

Just dropped in here via a link thru the Geochums forums. We'd love to log the stick when it makes it's homecoming, whenever that may be. Add us to your list please! Thanks Mr. Bass!

;)

:D Well Caching Karma has made Arizona for sure! Not all that far from completing it's mission. Small glitch as I've been asked that it make a slight detour to the Temecula Event (GCZ5V8) after the Yuma Event (GCZPHX) February 11th. Would be real easy as I know some folks coming from Tucson that would love to take it back! Was told he would be able to drop it off in Tucson in early March after the Temecula Event. Need help deciding which way this should go please??