Anyone Ever Use Mytopo.com

crash331

I am trying to get some printed topo maps sent to me and this place looks pretty good, but I am having a problem.

I am centered on John's Mountain in Georgia right at the Gordon/Floyd/Walker county line. It looks as if half of John's mountain is covered in 1:24k topo and the other half is in 1:35 or so. There is an abrupt line (kind of like Sat images) where it looks like 2 maps were merged and one was of lesser quality.

Anyone know if the printed map will come like this when I get it?

I've actually used mytopo.com twice now. Haven't received my second map yet (my fault, forgot to put apt #! :laughing: ) but my first one arrived in only a couple of days and looks quite nice.

As for the data, all they have to go by is the latest survey data, and the map will look exactly like the preview (except you can fold the real map much easier than you can the preview!)

I've run into similar problems with a map that I'd set up through their website. I tried other sites that let you order maps, as well as the USGS website. Everyone pulls from the same USGS data, so if USGS isn't current in the scale that you're looking for, you're out of luck.

You might also want to check out www.topofusion.com. They offer software that will let you do just about everything that you want to with topo maps. Take a look!

Thanks, I'll check out that Topofusion. I just oredered my first one not 10 mins ago. Took me a bit to fit everything into the medium size, but I didn't want to fork over 29.95 for a map I was going to consider a "trial run".

16.70 for a map with my name on it set up how I liked it and it covers 5 quadrangles. I dont think that's too bad.

A while ago, I bought a printed atlas of one state made by DeLorme. It had a free CD called Map Print Pack. Long story short - it has topo maps of the whole USA on 2 CD's. It was a freebee! I dont know much about the quality compared to on-line services, but Ive used those CD maps many times, and as the title indicates, it is set-up for printing the maps. Very cool. (PS: no association with brands mentioned) I see that DeLorme has new version (not free) called Topo USA.