Buxley New Caches Not Being Updated ?

vds

It's been since August without any movement or serious comment...is it really that terrible to ask questions?  If they went ahead and said no, it would at least be an answer.

Asking the same question over and over is unnecessary at best and insulting at worst. Groundspeak is aware of the "problem" (if you want to call it a problem - I don't think it's that big an issue actually) and they'll let you know something when they have something to tell you (and the rest of the concerned Buxley's users).

I think the fact that they haven't said no would be considered a good thing by the people that like Buxley's website. Some people are so impatient that they'd rather be told no than to have to wait. I imagine Christmas is an agonizing time of year for these people.

I do not beleive the staff at Groundspeak is dishonest or stupid.

They said they'd share information when they have it, and I beleive they will.

Patience, grasshopper. :mad:

southdeltan

I've never said, implied, or even thought that the staff of Groundspeak was dishonest or stupid. I have simply asked questions to which they have chosen not to reply with much in the way of certainty or rapidity.

The bashing of people who ask questions of TPTB in a thread asking questions of TPTB is unnecessary at best and insulting at worst, and is certainly off-topic of this thread.

I await, politely and patiently, comment or answers from TPTB (I/we already know how Mopar and southdeltan feel about this issue).

Have a nice day, earwig <_<

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA
I've never said, implied, or even thought that the staff of Groundspeak was dishonest or stupid.  I have simply asked questions to which they have chosen not to reply with much in the way of certainty or rapidity.

I never said you did. If you go back and read the thread you will find plenty of implications and accusations in this thread.

The bashing of people who ask questions of TPTB in a thread asking questions of TPTB is unnecessary at best and insulting at worst, and is certainly off-topic of this thread.

It's entirely on-topic to question why the same thing is asked over and over again. You will get an answer when they have an answer. They said that already.

I'm sorry if you felt that was bashing. You obviously haven't been bashed before if you think that's bashing. It was not my intent.

I await, politely and patiently, comment or answers from TPTB (I/we already know how Mopar and southdeltan feel about this issue).

So, it's ok for the people that WANT an immediate answer to post but not the people that don't care? That's interesting. If the person who started the thread didn't want this to be discussed, an email to the contact address should have been sent. Otherwise, everybody is entitled to expressing their opinion (within the guidelines of the forums).

Have a nice day, earwig <_<

nfa-jamie

I'm not sure I follow that reference.. ?

southdeltan

Edited by southdeltan
I'm sorry if you felt that was bashing. You obviously haven't been bashed before if you think that's bashing.
that's a lot of uses of the word bash in a very short space...impressive!

So, it's ok for the people that WANT an immediate answer to post but not the people that don't care?
If you don't care about the issue this thread is trying to deal with, then stop posting, so those of us who do care can wait for an answer from TPTB (and so TPTB don't have to sift through yards of off-topic posts to find the on-topic posts containing questions for them to answer).

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA
If you don't care about the issue this thread is trying to deal with, then stop posting, so those of us who do care can wait for an answer from TPTB (and so TPTB don't have to sift through yards of off-topic posts to find the on-topic posts containing questions for them to answer).

It's not like they won't have to sift through the same question (and in some cases the exact same post) already. :lol:

My posting here isn't going to slow down TPTB's response in any way, shape, or form.

I think it's totally on topic for me to express that I could care less if Buxley's is ever updated. The original topic was "why isn't buxley's being updated anymore". That was answered LONG ago. The topic has subsequently changed several times since then. If you want to get technical - this should have been locked a long time ago.

If people want to post that they miss Buxley's so "TPTB" will think it's important so they'll hurry up and do something - the people that don't think it's important have the same right to post that they think it's not important. You can bet that "Mopar and southdeltan" aren't the only ones that don't care.

nfa-jamie

You accuse me of bashing, but you slide in your little jab? Nice touch.

southdeltan

It's been since August without any movement or serious comment...is it really that terrible to ask questions? If they went ahead and said no, it would at least be an answer.

It's a fact of life that some people just do not have the intestinal fortitude to make a decision and then stand by it. A lot of people would rather avoid conflict, stick their head in the sand and hope the problem goes away so they don't have to make a decision and deal with the consequences. If they have to make a decision they know it will be unpopular with some people. They can't bear to face the rejection or conflict that follows or have the impression they are not liked. Just the way some people are. You see that alot in mid-management type people who have very little training in supervision or may have come into a supervisory position too quickly in their careers. You'll also see that in the military sometimes with command who have had cushy positions their entire careers and have never had to give hard orders and stand by them.

nfa-jamie

southdeltan,

How on Earth does that qualify as a jab...I simply stated that we already know how you feel about this issue, as you both have made your feelings abundantly clear. I would like to hear from the gc.com decision-makers on this issue, as opposed to people who have already stated that they don't like buxley's...no jab, just clarity.

nfa-jamie

It's been since August without any movement or serious comment...is it really that terrible to ask questions?  If they went ahead and said no, it would at least be an answer.

It's a fact of life that some people just do not have the intestinal fortitude to make a decision and then stand by it. A lot of people would rather avoid conflict, stick their head in the sand and hope the problem goes away so they don't have to make a decision and deal with the consequences. If they have to make a decision they know it will be unpopular with some people. They can't bear to face the rejection or conflict that follows or have the impression they are not liked. Just the way some people are. You see that alot in mid-management type people who have very little training in supervision or may have come into a supervisory position too quickly in their careers. You'll also see that in the military sometimes with command who have had cushy positions their entire careers and have never had to give hard orders and stand by them.

Or perhaps - there's just nothing to share yet.

I don't understand why people keep making statements that suggest there's some ulteriror motive. Now they lack managment skills. What next?

Isn't it possible that it's not a priority so they haven't made a decision, so there's nothing to share?

Jeeze :lol:

southdeltan

nfa-jamie

southdeltan,

How on Earth does that qualify as a jab...I simply stated that we already know how you feel about this issue, as you both have made your feelings abundantly clear. I would like to hear from the gc.com decision-makers on this issue, as opposed to people who have already stated that they don't like buxley's...no jab, just clarity.

nfa-jamie

I don't see what my feelings have to do with your actions. There's no reason to include that in your post unless you're wanting to point that out for some reason.

southdeltan

Or perhaps - there's just nothing to share yet.

I don't understand why people keep making statements that suggest there's some ulteriror motive.  Now they lack managment skills.  What next?

Isn't it possible that it's not a priority so they haven't made a decision, so there's nothing to share?

Jeeze  :lol:

southdeltan

yeah-but...

TPTB have not said that it's not a priority, or that they aren't going to do anything about buxley's, or that they feel like waiting 6 months before looking at the issue...

Instead, they have repeatedly said that they are working on it, and talk about opening dialogs to work it out...but they have not opened any dialogs with buxley, or moved forward with any plan to resolve the issue in either direction...

That very seeming contradiction is the focus of the new questions I posted the other day, take a sec to read them... :D

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA
I don't understand why people keep making statements that suggest there's some ulteriror motive. Now they lack managment skills. What next?

Jeeze :lol:

southdeltan

So how was the Locationless Cache issued resolved? I believe the message was they were going to be put on hold a while until a decision was made what to do with them. Still holding? Or was a decision made?

Appears the Buxley's issue is being addressed the same way.

So how was the Locationless Cache issued resolved? I believe the message was they were going to be put on hold a while until a decision was made what to do with them. Still holding? Or was a decision made?

Appears the Buxley's issue is being addressed the same way.

If I'm not mistaken, more pressing issues (like the major problems with the server, db, firewall, etc) came up and they've been working on that. Just because they haven't done something doesn't mean they won't.

If you recall the "new" maps it took them almost a year to get that in, but they did.

I think it's very obvious that Groundspeak works slowly. I'm surprised they do, I mean, it's not like they only have a handful of employees :lol:

southdeltan

Since the last page has mostly been a conversation between two cachers arguing the same point back and forth and the flames are starting to lick the edges of the comments. I am closing this thread on a Temporary basis. Elias can reopen it when there is something to say.

Do not attempt to start this thread again. We will all have an answer when there is an answer to be had. Until then be patient and relax.

Edited by CO Admin