Figuring Acreage With A Garmin V

Jeepinguy

Hit menu twice, highlight tracks and push enter. Start by highlighting clear and push enter so that the area you want the acreage for will be the only thing in your track log. Go around the area you want to measure. You can have the GPS on any page you like while you do this. When you have gone around the area you want the acreage for hit menu twice, highlight tracks, push enter, highlight save, push enter and it will give you the acreage enclosed by your track log.

Not an answer to your question..just a comment.

I'm a farmer, or was, with many parcels. I decided one day to check my Vista with the recorded deeds. I chose a small parcel to begin with....21.13 acres deeded.

I walked the route and when I completed it my Vista showed 21.13 acres! Dead on the money. Now....I do NOT think that is likely to occur again...but I was impressed.

I checked a couple other fields, (parcels), one 155.51 acres deeded the other 80.1 acres deeded. I didn't get a spot on match for either and I don't recall the exact acreages my Vista came up with but I do know that the difference was no more than .02 for either.

Amazing devices. - JamesJM