Seasonal Cache Hunting

CapnJackSparrow

Always search during a blizzard so your prints are covered. :huh:

:huh: Ok, if there's no blizzard? I had 4 caches active through the whole of winter last year. When it's 10 degrees the parks are a bit emptier. Around here the snow doesn't tend to stay more than a couple of weeks, and frozen ground does not leave many tracks. I had one group at one cache plow through waist deep snow, but then there are hunters leaving tracks around that area.....you see, it's mostly not a problem. I did have to time and be careful on visiting caches for checks. One cache I have to be really careful.

Snow? What's snow? In the winter it just gets easier, because some of the leaves (only some, not nearly all) fall off and the temperature comes down out of the 90s, but it rains a lot, creating more mud. A tropical storm in the summer does that, too, though.

Why do people live in places where it gets so cold and snows so much, when there are much nicer places available? OTOH, they need to stay up there so it doesn't get so crowded down here. [:huh:]

Why do people live in places where it gets so cold and snows so much, when there are much nicer places available?

Several reasons NP

1) No hurricanes, earth quakes, dust storms, mudslides, sinkholes, ... etc with only one tornado in the past ten years.

2) Our biggest insect is only about one inch long (and non-poisoness).

3) Skin cancer is much less likely.

4) Scientifically proven - we live longer!

5) And last but certainly not least, this is my home! :huh:

Edited by CapnJackSparrow
The process of searching usually leaves a confusing pattern of footprints around the area and once you find the cache, you can just add extra  to make it more confusing.

Exactly! When I cache in the snow, after finding it, I always walk around and wander a little. I even try to find other possible hiding spots nearby and disturbe the snow to not give away the real site. It also helps to keep mugglers from finding it :huh: , too! Unless we get fresh snow, your prints will stay aroun for several days or a week.

ps: can't wait to meet you out on the trails/events! :huh: SF1