New Shop Groundspeak Geocaching Product

Bryan

Looks good, but a LED version would look better :o

... work better, be brighter, last longer, have better battery life, and just be all around cool too -

does look good - should have a color photo to really show it off.

it is in color. i see red on the compass. :huh:

I agree, it IS in color, it's just silver and black.

And I will buy a carshade sight unseen...I'll preorder!

What about a hitch cover? Or a one of those little wavy things for the back window that looks like the pointer on my eTrex waving back and forth and I approach the cache :o

We're having difficulty stomaching the costs of the antenna balls. They require we order far too many in a batch. But I'm still working on it. Hopefully we'll have a better idea soon.

The hitch cover idea is fantastic. We're working on a wheel cover already, but we'll see what we can do about the hitch cover.

Doing a Google search I see where you can get the antenna balls for around .68 each with an order of 200 or more. Sell them for 1.50 and your profitable.

El Diablo

El D. is that any shape, or just your company logo on a round ball? That would be cool though, while waiting for the molded "signal the frog" version, to have the geocahing.com logo on a round ball.

edited to stay on topic:

The new flashlights are very cool looking. We will probably get some after the 15th. :huh:

Edited by Cherokeecacher
Doing a Google search I see where you can get the antenna balls for around .68 each with an order of 200 or more. Sell them for 1.50 and your profitable.

El Diablo

El D. is that any shape, or just your company logo on a round ball? That would be cool though, while waiting for the molded "signal the frog" version, to have the geocahing.com logo on a round ball.

There was an option for several shapes, round being the most popular and practical. I understand where Jeremy is coming from by waiting to offer a more quality product. Maybe two choices Jeremy. The cheap ones would be good trade items. A quality Signal would be a must have collector piece.

El Diablo

We have been considering a cheaper, geocaching.com logo on a standard box antenna ball design. But we really do like the signal antenna balls. The problem is expense and the volume we have to order.

Maybe the cheaper ones would bring in enough revenue to expand to the really cool signal one? Just a thought.

El Diablo

......and antennae balls.

I am eagerly and impatiently awaiting the antennae balls. When are we gonna get them. Huh, huh, huh? Pleeeeeeeze hurry. :huh:

Cute ain't it! I can't wait for this one too. (Hint hint, nudge nudge.)

antennaball.jpg

Awww, that's a cutie.

I like the fact that it is something that only cachers will understand, like a secret handshake.

When you see one of those on the street or parked somewhere, you know you've encountered a cacher.

But to a muggle, it's just a frog with a strange yellow knob on his head.

did some poking around on google -

YIKES!!!!

those darn little cheapo looking things cost about $3.00 each!

no wonder they don't wanna pay - most companies of promotional items want 1,000 units up front - $3,000 is a big bite to swallow -

---

edit -

ahhh --- this is more like it --

http://www.promopeddler.com/Promotional_Pr...67220&cat=Balls

Edited by CompuCash
We have been considering a cheaper, geocaching.com logo on a standard box antenna ball design. But we really do like the signal antenna balls. The problem is expense and the volume we have to order.

is it possible to come up with a price for the antenna heads, and take pre-orders? that might give you an idea of how many you would have to order. $3.99 or less and i would order 20. even if you didn't want to do the pre-order thing, there still might be a way of getting a basic idea of how many people want.

Maybe someone has already done this one, but how about a bumper sticker that says, "I'd Rather Be Geocaching." Or "If I wasn't going to work, I'd be Geocaching."

The bumper sticker idea is something I could do myself professionally. My other job (besides pirate) is graphic designer and Xerox certified operator of the Xerox iGen3 Digital Production Press. Let me know if there is real interest in this idea, how it could be funded, and who I could send samples of my work to. I would obviously get a price break at the company I work for and the quality that we print is second to none.

I was also wondering, with the thousands of GeoCachers around the world, isn't there anyone who works at an antenea ball factory that could get a company discount? :huh: