Garmin Handlebar Mount

SAPD

Does anyone know if the Garmin handlebar mount is interchangable between different units? I know that the brackets are different but what I am asking about is the actual handlebar mount? I already have an Etrex (Legend) mount on my bike and I have a couple of extra battery covers with the mounting unit on it. I put the extra covers on my kids new Etrex units and I would like to get the handlebar mounts for their bikes. GPSCity has the Etrex mount for $14.95, but I can buy the mount for the EMap for $5.95, if the mount is the same. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SAPD
Does anyone know if the Garmin handlebar mount is interchangeable between different units? I know that the brackets are different but what I am asking about is the actual handlebar mount? I already have an Etrex (Legend) mount on my bike and I have a couple of extra battery covers with the mounting unit on it. I put the extra covers on my kids new Etrex units and I would like to get the handlebar mounts for their bikes. GPSCity has the Etrex mount for $14.95, but I can buy the mount for the EMap for $5.95, if the mount is the same. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I cant say for EVERY model, but I can tell you that we have a 76s and an Etrex and we can swap bikes with them. The 76s attaches to a bracket that attaches to the same handlebar mount that the replacement battery cover on the Etrex attaches to. If it were me, I'd probably be willing to bet $5.95 on it if I cant find the answer.

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered 2 EMap mounts from GPS City so hopefully they will go out today and I should have them early next week. I tried to find them locally but they were priced $15-20 and I would rather wait a couple of days and save a bit of money.

Cherokeecacher - I have not been to Houston in awhile. Last time I was there I was just passing thru on my way to Florida for a funeral. Used to go every summer to Six Flags but with Fiesta Texas and Sea World so close it is hard to justify the trip.

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered 2 EMap mounts from GPS City so hopefully they will go out today and I should have them early next week. I tried to find them locally but they were priced $15-20 and I would rather wait a couple of days and save a bit of money.

Cherokeecacher - I have not been to Houston in awhile. Last time I was there I was just passing thru on my way to Florida for a funeral. Used to go every summer to Six Flags but with Fiesta Texas and Sea World so close it is hard to justify the trip.

Oh well. When hockey season starts, we will be traveling to San Antonio for games and caching, duh. LOL.

How much did ya find them for on-line. I was looking lastnight and could not find anything under $13.00+shipping

I found the EMap mounts for $5.95 at GPS City, add 6.95 for Shipping Priority Mail. I ordered two of them plus some other items so that was not to bad. Best price I found for the Etrex mount was at GetFeetWet, where I got my 60CS. They are selling them for $10.00 but they wanted to charge me $12.50 for shipping! I told them No Thanks, I would look elsewhere. If these work I will have a couple of EMap brackets if you know anyone who has a use for them.

Edited by SAPD

Sorry, busy weekend and I was in a shotgun school all day yesterday. I ordered the E-Map handlebar mounting kit on Thursday and it arrived Saturday via Priority Mail. The handlebar unit is the same and my kids have now mounted their Etrex units and are off exploring the world (as long as that world is not more then two blocks from the house). I now have two E-Map brackets that I have no use for, so if someone wants them please let me know. Thanks for all the help everyone.