Tx Geocoin ?

GeoRoo

I've had a TX geocoin for months and everytime I try and log on to the TX geocoin site it won't come up. Reading some posts tonight I see that site is permanently down. Does anyone have some advice on what to do with this coin to return it to it's owner??? I was also wondering if the WA geocoins that will be coming out soon will be trackable here on GC? I should go find that thread and see if that's been answered. Thanks for the info.

Thanks WM for the link to that post. I read back 15 or so pages and see that the tracking idea went back and forth. What was the final decision? Nolenator you said no? I personally would like to see them tracked as that would make them more valuable to find. Even though many would "disappear" at least some would travel. I've yet to find a M10 coin, but have many on my watch list and when one of those puppies gets dropped look out!.......Sorry, I'm getting in on all of this at the tail end as I just found the NW section of this forum. I put in an order for 5....hmmm, maybe I should order 5 more. :huh:

The final decision was to print them with consecutive numbers and then try to get the WSGS website to be able to track them.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a Moun10Bike coin to turn up. I think everyone who has one is going to hold on to it. The only ones that might turn up are the new ones because some people were able to get two of them and I think that not all of them are in circulation yet. MTB might shed some light on that one. I am still waiting for one to show up someplace. I have seen on, but that is all.

What's the deal with WSGA? There doesn't look like much on the website. Is this a active group? Last night I was looking for info. on the Texas geocoin and the Texas geocaching website had a nice message board and many posts and info. Is the NW section here on Groundspeak the only outlet for local geocaching here in our state?

What's the deal with WSGA? There doesn't look like much on the website. Is this a active group? Last night I was looking for info. on the Texas geocoin and the Texas geocaching website had a nice message board and many posts and info. Is the NW section here on Groundspeak the only outlet for local geocaching here in our state?

yeah seems to be that way. This is the place to go for listing of events and such.

That's too bad we don't have a better outlet here. You would think with all the tech savy people we have more hasn't been done. Vds, was that a message type group? It would be great to have a live room setup on Messenger 24/7. Now that you can text message on messenger that would be cool too. I don't have a cell phone, but that has possibilities. I saw that a IRC room is setup, but IRC is so far in the dinosaur age with chat. There have been many times I'd like to ask a question and not had the time to wade through the forum or post and wait hours for an answer.

Is the WSGA yahoo group still active ?

I got out of it a while back, so I dunno whether it's still active or not...

Yup - it's active. We get an announcment on the e-mail every now and then.

That's too bad we don't have a better outlet here. You would think with all the tech savy people we have more hasn't been done. Vds, was that a message type group? It would be great to have a live room setup on Messenger 24/7. Now that you can text message on messenger that would be cool too. I don't have a cell phone, but that has possibilities. I saw that a IRC room is setup, but IRC is so far in the dinosaur age with chat. There have been many times I'd like to ask a question and not had the time to wade through the forum or post and wait hours for an answer. 

It's easy to critisize. For various reasons, nobody had the time to develop the website any further than what it originally started out with. The website is currently in process of change right now. Any requests you have can be placed here for consideration.

Edited by TotemLake

I wasn't trying to critisize. I recently found this part of the forum and have been looking for local info. so any past posts are new to me. I have spent countless hours going back through the archives on here and that gets a bit daunting. After looking at the Texas geocaching site, I was wondering if there was something like that here in WA. I see in the linked post that there is interest in that direction. I'd be very happy to volunteer what little brain cells I have to any of the projects that are forth coming if that's needed. I still consider myself a newbie to the geocaching game and any centralized info. site would have been a huge asset when I started out. I just found the Today's Cacher online magazine the other day and enjoyed that. I'm amazed everyday at the technologies we have at our fingertips and geocaching it right up there. When I got my first GPSr it was one of those "wow" kinda deals and still is. I hope I never lose that feeling.