Trade Your Signature Items!

Pipanella

In another thread, I proposed the idea of trading sig items. I know that some won't like the idea for varying reasons, such as those that prefer to find sig items while caching. But there are some outstanding and unique sig items out there that we'll never encounter while caching, but we'd like to have them in our collection.

If you'd be interested in trading your sig item with another cacher, please post a picture of your sig item that you're willing to trade. For contact information, I'd suggest a PM to the cacher instead of posting it in this thread.

I realize there are going to be sig items that are more desirable than others, so if the demand for that sig item gets out of hand, the owner simply needs to be up front and say, "Hey, I only have/had so many available for trade, and they're all gone."

This might work, and it might not, but we'll give it a shot! Now.........I have to GET a sig item for myself for trading!!! ;)

Edited by Pipanella

My "sig" item is a CD with all the pictures I've taken while caching. Right now I think I'm up to 600 or 700. They're all in folders labeled by location. Each location also has a text file with descriptions/info about the pictures. So far I've only released a handful of them in limited quantities by version, but the responce has been pretty good. I might send a few out, if there's any interest.

I'm thinking of placing chainmail items I make in caches as my sig item. :blink: That is as soon as I can start doing it again. ;) The doctor has me in a cast at the moment for a problem I'm having with my left wrist. :D The chainmail I am refering to is not the letter form that drives everyone crazy :rolleyes: , but the metal rings linked together kind. Like knight's armor. :D

I totally understand, Agent N. It's just that some people have such great sig items and there's no way some people are going to have a chance to find them in a cache. But it's totally up to the owner of such sig items whether or not they want to trade them. It's just another aspect of geocaching that I think naturally evolved.

i don't have any one signature item. i'm capricious and if you've found one of mine, you know it's mine.

with one notable exception, the only signatures i have are ones i have found in caches. i do not even have the signatures of people with whom i regularly cache except for those i have found in the wild and not in the company of those cachers.

the exception is that of a very funny signature that an adirondack cacher leaves IN THE LOGBOOK. i din't want to tear it out, so i asked for one.

I like the idea to an extent, I would be willing to trade to states that are on the opposite side of the country. I am in Michigan, so no Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, but I would go for California, Arizona, Florida, Louisianna, Texas. You get my drift. Here is mine, if interested in trading, PM me. This is our signature "r" stone front and back, with a non-laminated card and is placed in a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 ziploc baggie.

sigstonecombosmall.jpg

We make small clay bear (fisherbear) figures in different themes. We'd be willing to trade sig items with anyone who is interested, we'd even take requests for the theme of the bear if you'd like. If anyone is interested in trading just let us know.

Now, those bears should have GPSrs in one hand and a pack on their backs!

I'll not trade signature items. I think that ruins the fun of happening upon one in a cache.

I use a scrollsaw to make small fish and whale shaped puzzle key rings. One of my whale puzzle key rings was made into a Travel Bug by Sept1c Tank <_<

55122_200.jpg It's sad to see that someone evidently liked it better as a key ring than a travel bug ;) I'm still watching that TB to see if it's ever placed in another cache.