In Honor Of Floopy's 3000 Find Event Cache

Skully & Mulder et al.

Is the red who I think it is, Dave?

No, it's not Floopy's dad! :laughing: Guess again.

I only know because I think I've seen another picture from some event where they had labels on them, I've never met him in person. I don't think he's actually real - cause god can't really make that big a mistake can he? Well, God did make the platypus so who knows.

I'll see if I can find the picture someplace. It was either associated with some cache or in the forums. Yeah, I know, that really narrows it down :lol:

Oh, I thought it was Ma Floopy!!!! (just kidding Po!!!)

If HE were finding the picture, he could do it in less than two hours, right?

HE already found the picture. He just doesn't log his finds online - LOL!

I'm cracking myself up today. Time to head up for the night and play hide the cache in a crevice :laughing:

Edited by Team DEMP
The one in the red jacket is a cardboard dummy as he would never allow himself to be photographed.

No, I think I met that guy once. He introduced himself as "ACME Geocachers". Looking at his profile, he hasn't been around lately - but he was really active in the forums. :blink:

Look fast, all those posts will probably get deleted.

I think it must be "srehcacoeG EMCA"

Congrats Floop... Some of the bills are still running around....

profile[/url], he hasn't been around lately - but he was really active in the forums.  :)

Look fast, all those posts will probably get deleted.

I think it must be "srehcacoeG EMCA"

Congrats Floop... Some of the bills are still running around....

Just bumping this up to remind everyone of the big event tomorrow. Seems lots of folks are planning on heading to it and there appears to be lots of TBs to trade including a couple Yellow Jeeps and a geocoin.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow at In Honor of Floopys 3000th Find Cache

It'll probably have people coming and going throughout the evening so even if you don't think you can get there early or stay for too long, stop by.

See ya tomorrow!

David (and the rest of the Team)

Edited by Team DEMP
344617_500.JPG

In case you don't know who Floopy is, he is the guy on the far right, here with some other cachers.

yeah but whose that mystery guy in red?

EDIT: whoops. I'm not allowed to ask that apparently. I think its a pirate.

SECOND EDIT: Whoops, that last edit is also apparently not permited.

No more edits!

Edited by Gwho
The Blue Grotto, Capri. Cost 12 euros to take a boat over to it - you then wait 45 minutes for a smaller rowing boat to take you to another boat where you pay another 8.8 euros for the priviledge of floating around in the grotto for 2 minutes.  :)

1 euro = about $1.25  :(

:( And who said you could only get mugged at/near/around The Roman Colosseum? :)

j/k :P

Well worth it in my book. The Grotto must've been beautiful!

No, that guy is definitely no pirate.

But if we're going to offer our fantasies of the type of person who could potentially be a "cache maggot," "thief," or "pirate," one scenario I might imagine would involve a diaper-wearing, former "special education" student employed as a telemarketer. You know, the kind of guy who uses a claimed medical diagnosis to absolve himself of his total lack of self-control and self-discipline ... the kind of guy who might poke his eye out on a stick while running "willy-nilly" through the woods in "panic mode," flailing his arms and "squawking like a chicken." The kind of guy whose wife might ban him from caching because he consistently returns home from simple little one and two star caches filthy and all cut up.

I saw a picture of a guy at a beer and wings event who looked exactly as I would imagine such a character to appear ... I'll have to edit it into this post later.

EDIT: Decided not to include the photo because it would tend to frighten animals and young children.

Edited by Bassoon Pilot

No, that guy is definitely no pirate.

But if we're going to offer our fantasies of the type of person who could potentially be a "cache maggot," "thief," or "pirate," one scenario I might imagine would involve a diaper-wearing, former "special education" student employed as a telemarketer. You know, the kind of guy who uses a claimed medical diagnosis to absolve himself of his total lack of self-control and self-discipline ... the kind of guy who might poke his eye out on a stick while running "willy-nilly" through the woods in "panic mode," flailing his arms and "squawking like a chicken." The kind of guy whose wife might ban him from caching because he consistently returns home from simple little one and two star caches filthy and all cut up.

I saw a picture of a guy at a beer and wings event who looked exactly as I would imagine such a character to appear ... I'll have to edit it into this post later.

EDIT: Decided not to include the photo because it would tend to frighten animals and young children.

How dare you! I haven't worn a diaper in years!

The kind of guy whose wife might ban him from caching because he consistently returns home from simple little one and two star caches filthy and all cut up.

She's warming up to the idea of me caching... I think. :(

I saw a picture of a guy at a beer and wings event who looked exactly as I would imagine such a character to appear

I believe it was a baby back ribs night :)

But if we're going to offer our fantasies of the type of person who could potentially be a "cache maggot," "thief," or "pirate," one scenario I might imagine .... blah blah blah

it's good to see you still have that great sense of humor that we all know & love ya for. :(

Edited by Gwho
it's good to see you still have that great sense of humor that we all know & love ya for.

Wow, the "short bus" dropped you off early today. That's good ... you'll have more time to play "dress up" and read your Weird NJ magazines.

<Adult Perspective> It's your little tiff - and while your bantering is amusing, making fun of special needs children or alluding to anyone needing a "short bus" is not only offensive, but shows lack of character and compassion.

Be a clown if you'd like - but your stereotyping shows your narrowmindedness. I'd suggest maybe taking your slapfight to email if you want to continue? The thread was started to celebrate StayFloopy's accomplishment - not to give you a place to throw sand at the other kids.

</Adult Perspective>

Congrats again Stayfloopy - quite an accomplishment.

I'd suggest maybe taking your slapfight to email if you want to continue? The thread was started to celebrate StayFloopy's accomplishment - not to give you a place to throw sand at the other kids.

In all fairness *I* made a joke (and thats what it was, a joke: no one seriously thinks Marcs a pirate, at least not that i've heard) which triggered a response. Now I'm not justifying that response mind you, but it started with a joke that, apparently couldn't be handled. So for my role in that I apologize and promise not response to any more shenigans.