Newest Wap Interface

Jeremy

Does anybody get Application Error whentrying to log in? I have tried the last two days and am getting a runtime exception.

Haven't tried this lately, but have you tried:

As a workaround I found out that I actually am logged in after the Vievstate Error, if I go back to wap.geocaching.com via a bookmark!

If I try to look at a travelbug (or coin) thru a cache listing I'll get a Viewstate Error for which I haven't fond any workaround.

Would be nice to get this fixed someday.

Does anybody get Application Error whentrying to log in? I have tried the last two days and am getting a runtime exception.

Haven't tried this lately, but have you tried:

As a workaround I found out that I actually am logged in after the Vievstate Error, if I go back to wap.geocaching.com via a bookmark!

If I try to look at a travelbug (or coin) thru a cache listing I'll get a Viewstate Error for which I haven't fond any workaround.

Would be nice to get this fixed someday.

Thanks, that worked. They really should think about fixing if it has been a problem for this long.

Motorola i776 w/opera 4 -

kinda random pages lol sometimes it will go to the right page sometimes same page with lots more sometimes back to main and sometimes it says i must be logged in to view. all while i am logged in. dunno kinda sketchy, but hey if i got time in the field and i can get the the cache info i wanna lookup because i forgot my book of coords on the desk then cool. a coord converter link in the wap would be nice. gps tracker (only one that i have found remotely useable of the free gps programs for the i776) makes coords NAD decimal format (yeah i know)

Edited by KeeperOfTheMist
I wish, since you have to enter coordinates in the Decimal Degree DD format
You can enter coordinates as dd mm.mmm. If you're in the US, or anywhere else west of the Prime Meridian, remember the minus sign before the longitude: -dd mm.mmm

To JohnE5, I keep forgetting this little nugget as well, but the standard cache coordinate format does work (even though the interface doesn't mention it).

^^^WOW! It's been a while since I checked in here. Thank you klossner! Thank you JBnw! you too johne5 since you brought my question back to the surface.

Just tried it. Happy it works!

I also just tried the live.geocaching.com that I saw here. Not having much luck on my LG Dare. Pages keeping loading over and over. I'll stick with WAP for now.

So, as an additional follow up to my post in April, is there also a little nugget that will allow me to search for caches using a GCXXX as the center of the search?

Edited by majormajor42

BUG BUG BUG

Not able to log caches thru the wap site.

Edit: noticed that the log actually succeeded despite the error messag, BUT selected travelbugs remained "in my hands".

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Messaging.MessageQueueException: The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MessageQueueException (0x80004005): The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.]

System.Messaging.MQCacheableInfo.get_WriteHandle() +204

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.StaleSafeSendMessage(MQPROPS properties, IntPtr transaction) +96

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SendInternal(Object obj, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) +310

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label, MessageQueueTransaction transaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) +122

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label) +12

Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.SendToMessageQueue(WptLog& Log) +198

Groundspeak.Web.GPX.WptLog.Create(SimpleUser UserInfo, Guid LogGUID, ObjWpt WptRef, DateTime LogDate, WptLogType Type, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, ObjWpt[] ObjWpt, Int32 DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +1565

geocaching_wap.UI.DefaultPage.CreateNewLog(Boolean CheckConfirm) +1323

geocaching_wap.UI.DefaultPage.cmdLogWptSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +83

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.OnClick(EventArgs e) +109

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.RaisePostBackEvent(String argument) +82

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +4

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +75

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Edited by lq

The logs still post to your account despite the error. I discovered that when I ended up triple logging a cache.

Yes noticed that too finally. I didn't settle for three... :laughing: But any TB:s that you try to drop remain in your hands.

:( Any estimate when this critical error will be fixed?? :)

The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Messaging.MessageQueueException: The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MessageQueueException (0x80004005): The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.]

System.Messaging.MQCacheableInfo.get_WriteHandle() +204

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.StaleSafeSendMessage(MQPROPS properties, IntPtr transaction) +96

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SendInternal(Object obj, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) +310

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label, MessageQueueTransaction transaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) +122

System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label) +12

Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.SendToMessageQueue(WptLog& Log) +198

Groundspeak.Web.GPX.WptLog.Create(SimpleUser UserInfo, Guid LogGUID, ObjWpt WptRef, DateTime LogDate, WptLogType Type, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, ObjWpt[] ObjWpt, Int32 DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +1565

geocaching_wap.UI.DefaultPage.CreateNewLog(Boolean CheckConfirm) +1323

geocaching_wap.UI.DefaultPage.cmdLogWptSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +83

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.OnClick(EventArgs e) +109

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.RaisePostBackEvent(String argument) +82

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +4

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +75

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I tested this on my own cell phone and was able to enter a log. check it out at

http://wap.geocaching.com

This will be the permanent location for the WAP interface. You can also log caches with a web browser if you want to bypass all the web pages on geocaching.com

Let me know if your phone doesn't work with it. We tried it with a multitude of mobile phone simulators, but I'm sure we missed a couple.

The interface works on my Blackberry Curve 8330. I would suggest that you place an option for a address and not just a postal code or coordinates. The reason being is when I was in South Lake Tahoe, the results were telling me that the closest GC was 20 miles away from my location. When I returned home, I checked the website and discovered that there was a GC just 250 feet from the location I was at in SLT.

Edited by kc6kip

...suggest that you place an option for a address and not just a postal code or coordinates. The reason being is when I was in South Lake Tahoe, the results were telling me that the closest GC was 20 miles away from my location. When I returned home, I checked the website and discovered that there was a GC just 250 feet from the location I was at in SLT.

The pocket-query powered bcaching.com mobile web view supports full street address lookup.

Partially works on my HTC Pro.

Issues:

1. Search by Zip Code does not filter out my finds - do not see a way to specify that option. As a result, I had to click "Next" through seven pages before I saw the first cache I had not found.

2. The "Show Google Map" option does not work saying that I need a new Google Maps API key. Tried it both in the default Windows Mobile 6.1 Internet Explorer and the Opera browser. Gives same error on my desktop with Firefox 3.5.7 and IE 8.

3. Attempting to edit a log results in a "Server Error in '/' Application." with the stack trace pointing at a "MessageQueueException (0x80004005) The queue does not exist... when I move off the log comments field and select a TB to be dropped. It appears that even though the error is displayed, the log comments data is posted even without clicking the "Submit Log" button.

Edited by DrRounds2

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Internet Explorer

HTC TP2/WM6.1

Interesting, Opera says "This web site needs a different Google Maps API key. A new key can be generated at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ .

Wouldn't it be nice if all content providers offered such a transparent API transaction. :lostsignal:

The only problem is that the key has to be installed on the server not the browser, so how do we get Groundspeak to update the map key?

The WAP-Interface is a nice feature, but Groundspeaks apparent indifference to the critical error everyone encounters when trying to drop TB's with a found-log is not a very nice thing.

The error is not Browser or OS-dependent, (tried: WinMobile, Android; Opera Mobile, Android Browser, IE mobile, Steel) and occurs every time, is therefore also easy to reproduce.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code

Exception Details: System.Messaging.MessageQueueException: The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation

Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below

Stack Trace:[MessageQueueException (0x80004005): The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.] System.Messaging.MQCacheableInfo.get_WriteHandle() +204 System.Messaging.MessageQueue.StaleSafeSendMessage(MQPROPS properties, IntPtr transaction) +96 System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SendInternal(Object obj, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) +310 System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label, MessageQueueTransaction transaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType) +122 System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label) +12 Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.SendToMessageQueue(WptLog& Log) +198 Groundspeak.Web.GPX.WptLog.Create(SimpleUser UserInfo, Guid LogGUID, ObjWpt WptRef, DateTime LogDate, WptLogType Type, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, ObjWpt[] ObjWpt, Int32 DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +1569 geocaching_wap.UI.DefaultPage.CreateNewLog(Boolean CheckConfirm) +1326 geocaching_wap.UI.DefaultPage.cmdLogWptSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +83 System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.OnClick(EventArgs e) +109 System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.RaisePostBackEvent(String argument) +82 System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Command.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +4 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13 System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +75 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565 

I only found this wap.gc.com site tonight and thought it is such a great improvement over the 500k+ page sizes from the www.gc.com site. (and the gc.mobi site is no improvement - it actually is just a facade ontop of gc.com) On the other hand, it seems like simple improvements that could be made are not being addressed.

My style of geocaching is completely paperless and my (htc) phone with cachemate is all I need to go caching. (of course I have my cache bag with the necessities - like tweezers, torch, pencil, etc)

There are three important things that I think need attention for this site to become a well-used capability by Groundspeak: 1. allow for a lookup that uses the DD MM.mmm coord format, 2. fix the TB update capability and 3. allow for seamless integration from cachemate.

As I can't fix 1 and 2, I'm going to look into 3. Has anybody tried this yet?

Checked the wap page again. The coordinates is still visoble without loggin in.

Not a big deal, but maybe a muggler risk?

I concider this as a feature rather than a bug. You can't see the coordinates (or even the descriptions) of premium (member) only caches, so I don't see a problem here. Logging in (at least with my phone) IS a pain in the b... because of a bug introduced a year or two ago and so far ignored by TPTB. So before you can even think of requiring logging in, there definitely should be a way to do so without any workarounds.

And what about the muggle risk? I guess it's easier for Joe Muggle to register and log in, than finding out about the wap site, since we regularly see posts from from experienced cacher not knowing of the wap site.

But PLEASE put some priority to the handling of trackables throgh the wap site!

1. allow for a lookup that uses the DD MM.mmm coord format ...
This has always worked. Since you're south of the equator, you must add a hyphen before the latitude:

Latitude: -26 12.123

Longitude: 12 28.456

But the WAP framework isn't being maintained anymore -- you'll encounter server errors when you try to log a cache. The main site delivers a megabyte or more per cache page, getting a "page too big" error on my phone. Those of us who don't keep up with the latest phones (and most expensive data plans) are running out of luck.

Works great with my Samsung SPH-A460

Now if someone can tell me how to bookmark this page in my phone.....

I would think that info would be in the owners manual and the manual if you do not have yours should be available on the Samsung website.

Just messing with ya. Well, mostly. :)

Besides the travel bugs issue, and the issue where it tells you the log was unsuccessful but it actually worked, (I haven't seen this log in bug that others have mentioned), I'd like to add that this site isn't as easy to use on a touch screen phone on certain screens. In particular, the initial screen. The links need to be extended beyond a single number. And a blank line needs to be added between each line. Right now, I have to zoom in several times to make the number larger then very carefully hit the number because if I'm too quick, I could select a different option.

Looking at the source code, this is something that would take only a few minutes to implement. The links are built in HTML, so simply moving around where the end of the link is would lengthen the link to more than a single character. Then add a line between each option.

And I agree, hearing something from TPTB regarding the WAP site would be nice.