My wife and I found our first Geocaches today!

TeamJiffy

My wife and I learned of Geocaching just a couple of weeks ago, and picked up a GPS unit, and found our first Geocaches today (2 of them - both simple 1/1.5's, but it's a start!!)

I want to tell everyone: This is more than fun for us. This is helping us. I need the exercise, and my wife loves walking outdoors. Having these goals of finding Geocaches makes walking fun for both of us - it gets me exercise, and lets us do more of something (walking outside) thats important to her.

This is great!!

Welcome! My wife and I also just started, and every one of the caches we've found so far has been a blast. We've found cool places that we didn't even know existed, right in our own neighborhood. We got to see the L.A. City F.D. perform rescue drills in a remote area. Saw a rattler. The adventures just keep getting better. It sure beats surfing the net ALL the time! We're planning our own cache for hiding soon.

I just hope this doesn't catch on with the exercise crowd.

The parks are already crowded enough as it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there isn't room out there for more people, but that those who are already obsessing over any fad that promises to lose XX pounds ( £ I think they must mean British Pounds Sterling £) in YY days.

I want people who are motivated by the sense of adventure and the thrill of the hunt.

Obligatory safety: "jpbion" and "Paul & Suzanne" both seem like first rate geocachers and I wasn't in any way suggesting that they're not *exactly* the type of cacher I'd like to meet on the trail.

All the above being said...I too must admit that the exercise aspect is most appreciated.

Many a cache outings have taken me farther and higher than I normally would have hiked without the McMotive.

I'm just praying that there isn't an explosion by the health-nuts. All those people paying $50 a month to jockey a stairmaster would just love to find out about this.

Congrats !

I found my first way back before there was much of a web page going on. I found it using a compuss and some luck icon_smile.gif

I use GeoCaching as a way to get my but outside and do something other then be a veggie surfing the net. I liek being outdoors but I have little motovation to really just walk unless there is a goal in mind.

have fun with it and enjoy the together time with your wife.

-Robert

Congrats !

I found my first way back before there was much of a web page going on. I found it using a compuss and some luck icon_smile.gif

I use GeoCaching as a way to get my but outside and do something other then be a veggie surfing the net. I liek being outdoors but I have little motovation to really just walk unless there is a goal in mind.

have fun with it and enjoy the together time with your wife.

-Robert

My wife and I got turned on to geocaching about 7 months ago. We average about 5 caches per day that we go out. Lately, it has been sweltering HOT out, but we go anyway, carrying lots of fluids. Well, I have lost over 12lbs. This is a great sport!

Bear & Ting

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

I learned of this back at the end of March and have been hooked ever since. Its a fun challenge thats good excercise and lets us experience new places. I hid my first cache back in April and am allready planning another one. Hopefully we'll get to meet some of the other Cachers in the area one of these days,, Heck, the only drawback i can find with GeoCaching is having to put up with those pesky redbugs icon_wink.gif

I learned of this back at the end of March and have been hooked ever since. Its a fun challenge thats good excercise and lets us experience new places. I hid my first cache back in April and am allready planning another one. Hopefully we'll get to meet some of the other Cachers in the area one of these days,, Heck, the only drawback i can find with GeoCaching is having to put up with those pesky redbugs icon_wink.gif

Me and the wife found our first one this evening. Just got the MeriPlat yesterday so I think we did OK even if it was a 1/1. Best of all we ended up taking a small cheese wedge from the cache. Mmmm, love the cheese!

CheesyD

"Blessed are the cheesemakers, for they shall inherit the earth."

--Monty Python's The Life of Brian

My husband and I were introduced to this sport by my father "Majicman". We love it so much.

It gets me out and walks so I get more excerise then I use to. We have a 18 month old son and he loves it outside.

It is a little hard to geocache with a little one but we manage out okay.

I have found 26 caches and my husband Armyman27 has found 24 caches.

I am home on vacation so, we are having a little contest on who can find the most before he leaves to go to a field problem in a couple of weeks.

Anyway I am glad that we found this new sport it get's us all out of the house and gives us something to do as a family besides just lay around and watch tv. Thanks Geocahing.com for being brought into our lifes. icon_biggrin.gif

P.S.- I think I have lost some weight from geocaching also.

Mommy#1 Jones Family Web

Meet STITCH, GEOSTITCH "there's one in every family".

My husband and I were introduced to this sport by my father "Majicman". We love it so much.

It gets me out and walks so I get more excerise then I use to. We have a 18 month old son and he loves it outside.

It is a little hard to geocache with a little one but we manage out okay.

I am home on vacation so, we are having a little contest on who can find the most before he leaves to go to a field problem in a couple of weeks.

Anyway I am glad that we found this new sport it get's us all out of the house and gives us something to do as a family besides just lay around and watch tv. Thanks Geocahing.com for being brought into our lifes. icon_biggrin.gif

Mommy#1 Jones Family Web

quote:
Originally posted by Mommy#1:

Mommy#1

Mommy#1,

Thank you for your message. I too am new, as I haven't started yet. I am waiting on my GPS to order (it will be A Maggelan 315.) I am hoping that geocaching will get me out of the apartment more as all I do here in New Jersey is work and then go home and watch television. I hope like you that it gets me out more. I feel excited about it, and I am reading much on this website about it. You have many finds, have you been doing this for long time?

I will not ask too many more questions, I just saw your message and felt like it was good for me too.

The screen says you are from Colorado Springs and I always wanted to go there someday. Maybe if I get vacation sometime I may come there and maybe find some cashes!

Enjoy your fun!

NJ_Tonto

(Yes, Kimosabe...)

quote:

Mommy#1

Mommy#1,

Thank you for your message. I too am new, as I haven't started yet. I am waiting on my GPS to order (it will be A Maggelan 315.) I am hoping that geocaching will get me out of the apartment more as all I do here in New Jersey is work and then go home and watch television. I hope like you that it gets me out more. I feel excited about it, and I am reading much on this website about it. You have many finds, have you been doing this for long time?

I will not ask too many more questions, I just saw your message and felt like it was good for me too.

The screen says you are from Colorado Springs and I always wanted to go there someday. Maybe if I get vacation sometime I may come there and maybe find some cashes!

Enjoy your fun!

NJ_Tonto

(Yes, Kimosabe...)

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_Tonto:

quote:

Mommy#1

Mommy#1,

Enjoy your fun!

NJ_Tonto

(Yes, Kimosabe...)

I started on 6/04/02 so I haven't been caching for very long, about a month now. I am getting ready to start making and hiding some caches now it will take me a little while and then again it may not with the help of my father (Majicman). I haven't watched much tv since I started this. There are days that I haven't gone because the weather is too hot. The last time I went caching was on 7/04/02. So I will have to start back up soon. icon_razz.gif

Mommy#1

quote:
Originally posted by NJ_Tonto:

quote:

Mommy#1

Mommy#1,

Enjoy your fun!

NJ_Tonto

(Yes, Kimosabe...)

I started on 6/04/02 so I haven't been caching for very long, about a month now. I am getting ready to start making and hiding some caches now it will take me a little while and then again it may not with the help of my father (Majicman). I haven't watched much tv since I started this. There are days that I haven't gone because the weather is too hot. The last time I went caching was on 7/04/02. So I will have to start back up soon. icon_razz.gif

Mommy#1