Tb Cache Owner Etiquette

wildlifeguy

Is it proper etiquette to take TBs out of caches that I own? I don't mean the ones that have been there for months, I mean someone places a nice TB in my cache, is it ok if I go and get it a few hours later? Is it ok if I don't trade another item for it, since it is my cache?

Now I didn't do this, but it happened when I went to a cache to retrieve a TB. The TB was posted yesterday evening and by this morning the cache owner had already retrieved it without trading even or up or even at all!!

Thanks for your comments.

Peace!

I'll routinely grab all the TB's from my TB Portal and exchange them at geomeets and then put the new ones back in my TB Portal.

I can understand doing this, but to just go out and take a TB out of your cache and not trade? You have the intent of trading new ones in, also your cache is designed as a TB exchange place. What about just the average cache? Am I ok to go and grab a bug out of my own cache without exchangeing anything of equal or greater "Value"? DOing this seems kinda cheesy to me!

Also, the cache owner still hasn't logged his "take". Seems really cheesy to take a choice TB out of your cache, not log it and hope more people will go to your cache to retrieve the nonexsistant bug. The Bug is a Yellow Jeep in a well populated and highly cached area. He is bound to know that people are going to go for his cache with the expectations of finding this bug!!! B)

Peace!

Edited by wildlifeguy

wildlifeguy,

To start with Travel Bugs are not trade items. There is no need to trade, they are meant to travel from cache to cache. I specifically dislike cache owners who put a "don't take a bug if you can't drop one" rule on their cache page. This defeats the purpose of the bug, which is to Travel.

I personally believe that if you can help a bug on its way, even if there is no specified goal, do so. If it's your own cache so be it. If you don't feel comfortable in being able to help the bug reach its goal, leave it for someone else. If its been in your cache for a while then definitly go get it and drop it somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Cache Well

Also, the cache owner still hasn't logged his "take". Seems really cheesy to take a choice TB out of your cache, not log it and hope more people will go to your cache to retrieve the nonexsistant bug. The Bug is a Yellow Jeep in a well populated and highly cached area. He is bound to know that people are going to go for his cache with the expectations of finding this bug!!! B)

Peace!

1 ) Grag any tb you want,B) the only rule is to move it in a timely manner and not harm it.

2 ) As I underlined in the qoute above, it is real cheesy and very "LOWLIFE" :) to take a tb an not log it out promptly. Especially the Jeeps. Personally, I'd got to the cache page and use "post a note " that the jeep is not in there. Make a copy and save it in your word program. If the owner, deletes your note, just keep re-posting it, till he logs out the jeep. Cache on SF1

To start with Travel Bugs are not trade items.  There is no need to trade, they are meant to travel from cache to cache.  I specifically dislike cache owners who put a "don't take a bug if you can't drop one" rule on their cache page.  This defeats the purpose of the bug, which is to Travel.

:rolleyes: AMEN! Nuff said. Couldn't have said it better myself.

TTFN

Is it proper etiquette to take TBs out of caches that I own? I don't mean the ones that have been there for months, I mean someone places a nice TB in my cache, is it ok if I go and get it a few hours later? Is it ok if I don't trade another item for it, since it is my cache?

Now I didn't do this, but it happened when I went to a cache to retrieve a TB. The TB was posted yesterday evening and by this morning the cache owner had already retrieved it without trading even or up or even at all!!

Thanks for your comments.

Peace!

Taking a bug out of your own cache is fine. I have pulled bugs out of my Bug Vault because it was too full, and out of my regular caches just to move them along.

But this notion of trading even or up when you take a bug is flawed, at best. As has been stated many time, bugs are not trade items. They are utterly seperate from the trading aspect of caches.